The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

2020 starter at Manchester Metropolitan Uni

Hey - anyone out there joining Man Met in September 2020? If so lets chat...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by georgina.04

Hey, I am hoping to start physiological sciences this sept, what course are you starting? My course runs till end of July so I am unable to live on campus as all of the accomodation contracts run till like June or start of July, which accomodation are you looking at? I am struggling to find a good private one.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Hi,
I'm hoping to start in 2020, I will be going into textiles in practice. Have you sorted out your accommodation as I'm struggling?
Reply 3
Original post by Artemismoon
Hi,
I'm hoping to start in 2020, I will be going into textiles in practice. Have you sorted out your accommodation as I'm struggling?

I have had a virtual tour of ropemaker court they sent me videos but I still want to see it in person! Dont know how long this social distancing is going to go on for but I think you can book till June time for this one and for mmu’s own accomodation you should register your interest now. I might just book in late April time.. scares me to do it all online having not seen it at all 😭
Original post by momeena
I have had a virtual tour of ropemaker court they sent me videos but I still want to see it in person! Dont know how long this social distancing is going to go on for but I think you can book till June time for this one and for mmu’s own accomodation you should register your interest now. I might just book in late April time.. scares me to do it all online having not seen it at all 😭

Same, I have only seen the more expensive accommodation which I can not afford. I will be looking at MMU accommodation as I want to stay close to the campus. It so scary at this moment with all the social distancing and MMU numbers being offline, so it's not like you can phone them.
Reply 5
Original post by Artemismoon
Same, I have only seen the more expensive accommodation which I can not afford. I will be looking at MMU accommodation as I want to stay close to the campus. It so scary at this moment with all the social distancing and MMU numbers being offline, so it's not like you can phone them.

I would go for oxford court if i was on campus, the cheaper ones are mostly shared but if you are okay with sharing a bathroom with several others go for it.
Reply 6
And yh try emailing them they should respond. Hope we get decent places 😅
Original post by momeena
And yh try emailing them they should respond. Hope we get decent places 😅

Hopefully I do, I have emailed them but they take a while to reply with everything that's going on. I'm probably gonna go for Cambridge North as you can get rooms with four other people.

i am (:
Reply 9
Original post by feliciadaisy2
i am (:

Hey what course are you taking?
foundation psychology, hbu? (:
foundation psychology, hbu? (:

Physiological sciences. What accomodation are you opting for?
Original post by momeena
Physiological sciences. What accomodation are you opting for?

oxford court, hbu?
oxford court, hbu?

I was actually gna go for that before I knew it was 42 weeks! Im looking at private ones, need a longer stay.
Original post by momeena
I was actually gna go for that before I knew it was 42 weeks! Im looking at private ones, need a longer stay.

oh that’s a shame!! ): hopefully you find a good accommodation (:
oh that’s a shame!! ): hopefully you find a good accommodation (:

Oh thank you 😊 hope you get decent flatmates!
Original post by momeena
I would go for oxford court if i was on campus, the cheaper ones are mostly shared but if you are okay with sharing a bathroom with several others go for it.

hi, I'm staying in oxford court, there's a facebook group chat if you want to join:smile:
hi, I'm staying in oxford court, there's a facebook group chat if you want to join:smile:

can you add me please? i'm staying in oxford court too xx
Hey guys, I’ll be starting french and Chinese this September hopefully. I’m In Oxford court too!
Original post by Hajar.douglas
Hey guys, I’ll be starting french and Chinese this September hopefully. I’m In Oxford court too!

that’s great. are you in the group chat? if not, do you want me to add you in it? X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending