The Student Room Group
Learning outside, Harper Adams University
Harper Adams University
Newport

Harper Adams Official 2020 Applicants thread!

Are you applying to the Harper Adams University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Course:
Other Universities:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
What are you most excited about? :smile:

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with.

You may also want to have a look at this HUGE LIST of other applicants threads for the other universities you're applying to as well as courses.:woo:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Real Estate
DDM in BTEC Business
4's and 5's
How friendly are the people in your accomodation
Learning outside, Harper Adams University
Harper Adams University
Newport
Reply 2
Veterinary Nursing
Other uni's; Hartpury, Nottingham Trent, Reaseheath, Bristol.
Achieved D*D*D* in L3 Animal Management
Currently predicted B in L3 Health and Social Care.

GCSE; 5 English lang, 5 English Lit, 5 Maths, B ICT, B Art and design, C Science, C Geography, L2 RE, Distinction in Health and Social Care.

Not holding out high hopes for this choice unfortunately due to their high GCSE expectations, but thought it was probably worth a try!
Reply 3
Vet Nursing
RVC, Edinburgh Napier, Bristol, Moreton Morrell (Warwickshire College).
Predicted AAB at A level plus Grade A EPQ
Mainly 7s and 8s
Meeting new people with the same interests (equine)

Harper Adams is my top choice but the only one I haven't heard anything from! Got offers or interviews pending from all the others. Have any other vet nursing applicants heard back yet?
Reply 4
Vet Nursing
Middlesex (Leeds), Hartpury, Reaseheath, SRUC
A levels were ABD, I'm currently resitting chem. This was supposed to be my gap year, oops.
GCSE grades As, 7s, 8s and a B + a 6
Probably getting to actually become a student vet nurse and meeting others on the same course, plus placements!!

Harper is my first choice and I've actually got an offer so I'm really so happy!!
Reply 5
Original post by RoseCV
Vet Nursing
Mainly 7s and 8s

Harper Adams is my top choice but the only one I haven't heard anything from! Got offers or interviews pending from all the others. Have any other vet nursing applicants heard back yet?

I've actually heard back from them, sent an email enquiring about my application status since I hadn't heard back in a while and was a little worried, and they ended up sending me an offer! So maybe try that?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by BBeth!
I've actually heard back from them, sent an email enquiring about my application status since I hadn't heard back in a while and was a little worried, and they ended up sending me an offer! So maybe try that?

Hi BBeth. Was that for Vet Nursing? I thought that all Vet Nursing applicants had to undergo interview before offer? I chased up by email and all they've said is that my application is with the course manager.
Reply 7
Original post by RoseCV
Hi BBeth. Was that for Vet Nursing? I thought that all Vet Nursing applicants had to undergo interview before offer? I chased up by email and all they've said is that my application is with the course manager.

Yeah it was, and honestly so did I, so it kind of threw me but I found someone else who had the same thing happen to them so it must be a thing they’re doing this year. How long ago was it that you sent off the vocational log and all that? I imagine they’ll eventually get back to you though. I had an email saying it was with the course manager after the Christmas holidays, (sent the log over Christmas) and chased that up at the end of Jan since I hadn’t heard anything since and got an offer 4 days later which was almost a month since it was with the course manager so I think you’ll be fine!! Haven’t actually heard anything about Harper’s vet nursing interviews this year now that I think about it. A bit weird. But oh well.
Reply 8
Original post by RoseCV
Vet Nursing
Mainly 7s and 8s

I also applied to Harper Adams for Vet Nursing and they have reached out about the work experience forms but nothing about an interview :smile:) hope you get a response soon !
Reply 9
Original post by kaccoupi
I also applied to Harper Adams for Vet Nursing and they have reached out about the work experience forms but nothing about an interview :smile:) hope you get a response soon !

Good luck! Hope you hear back! I haven’t heard any mention of Harper’s VN interviews this year, but I know me and another person got offers without so maybe that’ll be the case for you too?
Reply 10
Hurray - got an offer from Harper Adams for Vet Nursing! I was surprised to see it was on UCAS points and not grades, but that should work well for me as I'm a bit worried about achieving one of my grades.
Reply 11
Original post by RoseCV
Hurray - got an offer from Harper Adams for Vet Nursing! I was surprised to see it was on UCAS points and not grades, but that should work well for me as I'm a bit worried about achieving one of my grades.

Congrats! That’s really great, is Harper your first choice?
Reply 12
I

Original post by BBeth!
Congrats! That’s really great, is Harper your first choice?

It's one of my top three. I like RVC and Edinburgh Napier as well. Still waiting for my interview result from RVC and I've an interview at Edinburgh in March. How about you? What's your top choice?
Reply 13
Original post by RoseCV
I

It's one of my top three. I like RVC and Edinburgh Napier as well. Still waiting for my interview result from RVC and I've an interview at Edinburgh in March. How about you? What's your top choice?

Probably Harper and Middlesex Leeds, having trouble deciding between the two even though they’re way different. It’s so hard haha. Kind of wish I applied for RVC now but oh well! Good luck with your interview and the rest of your offers.
Animal Production science
Only applied to Harper and received an unconditional, which I was over the moon about
Predicted ABB
2x 9s, 2x 8s, 1x 7, 3x 6's 2x 5's
Really excited to meet new people and the social aspect at Harper because its amazing!
Course: Zoology
A-Levels: BCC, in Biology, English Lit and Sociology
GCSEs: 4s, 5s and 6s in most
I'm most excited about finally being able to focus on what I've loved for so long, which is zoology and animals :smile: Can't wait to be part of university life as well

Has anyone else put Harper Adams as their firm choice?
Original post by 13iandrews
Animal Production science
Only applied to Harper and received an unconditional, which I was over the moon about
Predicted ABB
2x 9s, 2x 8s, 1x 7, 3x 6's 2x 5's
Really excited to meet new people and the social aspect at Harper because its amazing!

I got an unconditional too! Harper Adams has always been my first choice :smile: What accommodation do you think you'll apply for?
Received offers from harper Adams and royal veterinary college still unsure which I should go to . Any advice?
Original post by nimgre.02
I got an unconditional too! Harper Adams has always been my first choice :smile: What accommodation do you think you'll apply for?

I want to go self catered, probably pitch side. Yourself?
Original post by 13iandrews
I want to go self catered, probably pitch side. Yourself?

Catered en-suite I think!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending