The Student Room Group

Effective revision????

I'm doing my 1st GCSE on 17TH MAY 2017 & 23 MAY 2017 for AQA religious studies,and I'm in year 9. Im also failing at science and maths. I have all those CGP books and I go tuition. I need help because I have my maths exam next monday and my RE is coming up. Also their are end of years coming up and im just so unorganized and stressed and I dont know what to do. My parents are pressuring me and i feel like soooo stressed and annoyed. I NEED HELP!!
Please,somebody,anybody,everybody!
Reply 1
Im doing my 1st GCSE on 17TH MAY 2017 & 23 MAY 2017 for AQA religious studies,and I'm in year 9. Im also failing at science and maths. I have all those CGP books and I go tuition. I need help because I have my maths exam next monday and my RE is coming up. Also their are end of years coming up and im just so unorganized and stressed and I dont know what to do. My parents are pressuring me and i feel like soooo stressed and annoyed. I NEED HELP!!
Please,somebody,anybody,everybody!

:mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Hey,
I think you should utilize your time to the best of your ability - BE PRODUCTIVE. When you are revising, WORK SMART - eliminate all distractions and place yourself in a distraction-free zone where you can focus.
Personally, I like to use the following step-by-step strategy which helps me consolidate knowledge on every topic :

1. LEARN THE TOPIC
Watch YouTube videos, go over and highlight your revision guides and ask your teacher to explain the topic to you. Once you have COMPLETELY understood the topic, make clear notes on the topic as well as flashcards ( flashcards could be either manual or on quizlet )

2. PRACTICE THE TOPIC
Do practice questions off websites, revision guides and textbooks. Mark them and consolidate any concepts that you don’t understand or are getting wrong frequently.

3.ASSESS
KEEP DOING PRACTICE PAPERS- after you have consolidated and revised the topic to the point that you know and understand it completely, do practice tests and mark them. Again, revise anything you get wrong

There are plenty of resources online that could help.
And don’t take to much stress - GCSE exams are in year 11 so you have a lot of time.

:mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Original post by youngjustice26
Hey,
I think you should utilize your time to the best of your ability - BE PRODUCTIVE. When you are revising, WORK SMART - eliminate all distractions and place yourself in a distraction-free zone where you can focus.
Personally, I like to use the following step-by-step strategy which helps me consolidate knowledge on every topic :

1. LEARN THE TOPIC
Watch YouTube videos, go over and highlight your revision guides and ask your teacher to explain the topic to you. Once you have COMPLETELY understood the topic, make clear notes on the topic as well as flashcards ( flashcards could be either manual or on quizlet )

2. PRACTICE THE TOPIC
Do practice questions off websites, revision guides and textbooks. Mark them and consolidate any concepts that you don’t understand or are getting wrong frequently.

3.ASSESS
KEEP DOING PRACTICE PAPERS- after you have consolidated and revised the topic to the point that you know and understand it completely, do practice tests and mark them. Again, revise anything you get wrong

There are plenty of resources online that could help.
And don’t take to much stress - GCSE exams are in year 11 so you have a lot of time.

Good post - but this is three years old. Hopefully they’ve completed their GCSEs by now :biggrin:
Good post - but this is three years old. Hopefully they’ve completed their GCSEs by now :biggrin:

I just realised.
Might help someone else. Also could help with A levels / equivalent qualification😊
Might help someone else. Also could help with A levels / equivalent qualification😊

Definitely :smile:
Reply 7

Sorry wrong reply. The phone app is quite difficult to use not going to lie lol
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by miss_ambitious
Thanks for this reply! Yes I’ve done my GCSES now and I actually did well! I’m doing my A Levels next year so your reply is actually still relevant to me. Once again thank you! :smile:

Wow! Glad to hear that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending