The Student Room Group

Do we really need 5 fruit a day

I'm certain I dont have 5 fruit a day. But im in perfectly good health as stated by by doctor .

I just had this weird thought looo

Will I soon become malnourshed if I dont eat 5 fruit a day
Original post by Anonymous
I'm certain I dont have 5 fruit a day. But im in perfectly good health as stated by by doctor .

Products you eat contain simular amount of thing in a fruit. Like chocolate contains cocoa and that comes from trees.
Original post by Anonymous

It's a recommendation to help you get the vitamins and nutrients you need. A balanced diet is important to keep and it is good to get in the habit.
Lol my mum has corona symptoms (she’s fine tho) so we can’t leave the house for the next two weeks. Don’t have a single fruit in and only veg is frozen peas. We’re normally really good and pretty healthy but trying to not stress and realise that 2 weeks won’t hurt long term.
More worried about the fact I can’t have any Diet Coke ahah !! I can’t cope with that !!!
Reply 4
i hear it's actually 10 fruits/veg a day but they say 5 to make it more achievable as they know people won't manage anywhere near 10 in the west...
Reply 5
No, you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest