The Student Room Group

Why aren't UK airports being closed?

If the airports aren't closed then the UK may become like Italy, with 1000+ deaths a day from the coronavirus.

It's just another example of how the government cares more about money than human lives.
Cause cargo mate, if they ain't importing goods, Britain would need to start making their ****. Also people returning back home. Experts in the medical field travelling to collaborate in working. Quite a few reasons babe.
I m sorry you can't land a plane on your backyard, but you need airports open as travel is essential.
Airports are not only used for passenger travel.
Original post by jojau6
If the airports aren't closed then the UK may become like Italy, with 1000+ deaths a day from the coronavirus.

It's just another example of how the government cares more about money than human lives.

It is a fair question. Have you seen https://www.flightradar24.com/ ? I have been keeping an eye on this and have noted that until the last few weeks, there have been a gizzilion flights from here to everywhere including (surprisingly) America. I thought Trump had banned flights from Europe?

But when you look at many flights now, there are a lot of cargo flights. There will also be a lot of people who are displaced and trying to get home. And so on. Even Rome, Milan and Vienna airports have had quite a few flights going in and out.
There should only be cargo flights, military flights, and repatriation flights only. The last of which have not been arranged very fast in the case of the UK government.
Reply 6
Original post by Jamesey2r
Cause cargo mate, if they ain't importing goods, Britain would need to start making their ****. Also people returning back home. Experts in the medical field travelling to collaborate in working. Quite a few reasons babe.

For passenger flights genius. Some people really need everything spelled out to them lol.
Original post by jojau6
For passenger flights genius. Some people really need everything spelled out to them lol.

Big man, you didn't ask about passenger travel. You asked about the facility 'airport'.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by jojau6

The disease is already well established in the country, travel makes no difference now and the airports are open as a significant amount of essential freight passes through them.
Don't be so stupid in future.
Reply 9
Original post by barnetlad
There should only be cargo flights, military flights, and repatriation flights only. The last of which have not been arranged very fast in the case of the UK government.

Call me a conspiracy theorist but i wouldnt be surprised if they dragged their feet until the host governments shut their aispace so they wouldnt have to do anything.
You can’t close airports because it’s a dilemma. On one hand, you need people to fly helicopters so that they could go up in the air, enter the airports and close it. But, if you close it then the airports might stop flying and fall down to the ground (then they just become regular ports). What’s even more difficult is that you need more than one person to weigh the airport down to the ground but social distancing and gathering measures mean that you can’t weigh the airport down.

Spoiler

Original post by Napp
Call me a conspiracy theorist but i wouldnt be surprised if they dragged their feet until the host governments shut their aispace so they wouldnt have to do anything.

Easyjet have now stopped all flying since last night.
Original post by jojau6

Because Corona is a planned hoax. There is no corona, other than the usual flus and bronchial pneumonia. The lockdown was also planned.
Original post by parrot45
Because Corona is a planned hoax. There is no corona, other than the usual flus and bronchial pneumonia. The lockdown was also planned.

... yeah COVID-19 is not a hoax

Quick Reply