The Student Room Group

economics essay help

"Evaluate the significance of fiscal deficits and national debt" (25)

dont understand what this means
1) Define what significance means through a credible source -- it could have several meanings and all of them are true, you could argue for any of them.

2) Gather up the components of what constitutes a fiscal deficit and a national debt.

Apply 1 to 2.

This is a broad statement so you're expected customise it in your own way. The person evaluating you expects you to portray a certain level of depth and an ability to grasp these concepts and their dynamic nature. You are to develop a sound argument which pushes your point across and is coherent in nature.

I can't imagine that they expect an extremely particular answer unless it was preceded by other questions that were leading to it.
Reply 2
Original post by Aldwulf
1) Define what significance means through a credible source -- it could have several meanings and all of them are true, you could argue for any of them.

2) Gather up the components of what constitutes a fiscal deficit and a national debt.

Apply 1 to 2.

This is a broad statement so you're expected customise it in your own way. The person evaluating you expects you to portray a certain level of depth and an ability to grasp these concepts and their dynamic nature. You are to develop a sound argument which pushes your point across and is coherent in nature.

I can't imagine that they expect an extremely particular answer unless it was preceded by other questions that were leading to it.

i defined national debt and fiscal defict...now im confused about your second point
Original post by l2bunny
i defined national debt and fiscal defict...now im confused about your second point

Can you further specify what point you're confused about specifically?
Reply 4
i just dont understand the question....is it asking for the negatives of fiscal deficit and national debt
so is this the correct layout for the essay
def on national debt
evaluate national debt
postives of national debt

def on fiscal deficit
evaluate fiscal deficit
positives of fiscal debicit

judgement

is that the layout?
I personally wouldn't go for the positives nor negatives at first but for the technicalities of the national debt and fiscal deficit, their effects on other economic factors, how they feed into certain macroeconomic theories, what dynamic they play in certain equations, etc. After outlining that, I would speak about the positive/negative contributions and would mention according to what criteria I'm considering these contributions as desirable or undesirable.
I did you get help? i can handle that essay for you.

Quick Reply

Latest