The Student Room Group

Can someone help me analyse this quote from Macbeth?

Can someone help me analyse this quote from Macbeth?
''disdaining fortune, with his brandish'd steel which smok'd of bloody execution''
the"brandish'd steel" represents Macbeth's sword! the fact that it "smok'd of bloody execution" suggests Macbeth is merciless and will do anything for his country, this is ironic as later in the play, a dagger smok'd with bloody execution when Macbeth kills Duncan!
Hope this helped!:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by GSCEstudent2020
the"brandish'd steel" represents Macbeth's sword! the fact that it "smok'd of bloody execution" suggests Macbeth is merciless and will do anything for his country, this is ironic as later in the play, a dagger smok'd with bloody execution when Macbeth kills Duncan!
Hope this helped!:smile:

Thanks! Can you help me with: '' like valours minion, carved out his passage''- act 1 scene 2
Original post by helpme2005
Thanks! Can you help me with: '' like valour's minion, carved out his passage''- act 1 scene 2

sure! "like valour's minion" suggests Macbeth is the slave of bravery itself. "carved out his passage" is the same as "smok'd with bloody execution" except it also suggested Macbeth is heroic and determined! I can help with all your Macbeth questions:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by GSCEstudent2020
sure! "like valour's minion" suggests Macbeth is the slave of bravery itself. "carved out his passage" is the same as "smok'd with bloody execution" except it also suggested Macbeth is heroic and determined! I can help with all your Macbeth questions:smile:

Thanks! I'll take you up on that offer.
what language technique is 'like valors minion'?
Reply 6
Original post by GCSESTUDENT2021
what language technique is 'like valors minion'?

Hi it’s a simile hope it helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending