The Student Room Group

MSc Pre Registration Physiotherapy 2020

Hi guys,
Decided to make a forum as I've not seen anything for this year of entry. I'm a recent Biomedical Sciences graduate and applied for Pre-Reg Physio at King's, South Bank, and Manchester Met for September 2020. Have yet to hear anything back regarding a decision on my application atm. How's everyone else getting on with their application? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I don’t know if this thread was meant for a particular uni, but I’ve got offers for MSc Physiotherapy at Essex and Birmingham and not sure which one to choose 😅
Reply 2
Original post by Aiyanna98
I don’t know if this thread was meant for a particular uni, but I’ve got offers for MSc Physiotherapy at Essex and Birmingham and not sure which one to choose 😅

Hi mate, it's just a general thread for September entry :smile: Congratulations on your offers! Both are solid choices. I've been to Birmingham a few times and the student culture is quite vibrant, not sure about Essex but from what I've heard it seems like a sick place tbh
Hi, I have an offer from Uni of Birmingham and waiting for Manchester Met after having my interview a few weeks ago!
I applied to Oxford Brookes at the beginning of December. I immediately got asked for references and submitted them first week of January but I've not heard anything back since. Has anyone else heard from them?
Original post by crlmthomas
I applied to Oxford Brookes at the beginning of December. I immediately got asked for references and submitted them first week of January but I've not heard anything back since. Has anyone else heard from them?

I applied for Adult Nursing at Oxford Brookes in December, got my interview in February and got an offer within a week of the interview. It might be different for different courses though. What course are you applying for and when does the course start?
Original post by crlmthomas

I've applied to Oxford Brookes at the beginning of December and haven't heard anything back yet either
For oxford brookes application, did you upload references sent by personal tutor/employer? Or just the contact details? Thanks!
Reply 8
Hi,

I have been accepted onto the MSc physio at Brighton, i cannot wait! Just waiting to hear if i can get finance to cover the fees as that's a deal breaker really. Is anyone else headed there?
I'm a mature student having had an 11 year teaching career so big changes but really looking forward to it!
Original post by sophielb123
For oxford brookes application, did you upload references sent by personal tutor/employer? Or just the contact details? Thanks!

I put the contact details of my referees and they sent the references to Oxford Brookes. They offered me an online interview 2 weeks ago.
Reply 10
Original post by Suze789
Hi,

I have been accepted onto the MSc physio at Brighton, i cannot wait! Just waiting to hear if i can get finance to cover the fees as that's a deal breaker really. Is anyone else headed there?
I'm a mature student having had an 11 year teaching career so big changes but really looking forward to it!

Hi,
Congratulations on your offer and good luck on the course! As Physiotherapy is an Allied Health Professions course you'll get full funding as if it was an undergraduate degree rather than a masters, so basically you'll get both years fully funded with a tuition and maintenance loan :smile: hope this helps
Reply 11
Original post by UKhan321
Hi,
Congratulations on your offer and good luck on the course! As Physiotherapy is an Allied Health Professions course you'll get full funding as if it was an undergraduate degree rather than a masters, so basically you'll get both years fully funded with a tuition and maintenance loan :smile: hope this helps

Hi,

Thanks for that! The finance has come through now so all set to go!!! 😀😀😀
Hi there, I finished my application with references for oxford brookes in mid January, was offered an interview mid February and had an online interview last thursday (26th March) but havent heard back
Hi there, I have had offers from both Oxford Brookes and Birmingham (interviews were in March after applying in December). I have now firmed Birmingham to start in September all going well. Has anyone applied for funding yet - bit unsure which route we take as know its the same as undergrad
Reply 14
Original post by 2brownlucie2
Hi there, I have had offers from both Oxford Brookes and Birmingham (interviews were in March after applying in December). I have now firmed Birmingham to start in September all going well. Has anyone applied for funding yet - bit unsure which route we take as know its the same as undergrad

Hi,
Congrats on getting a place! I have got my funding sorted. You just go online and fill it out as if it’s an undergrad but there’s a bit that you tick that says health professional. You can get fees covered and get a higher loan amount as it’s an accelerated course. Mine came through in 2/3 weeks
Original post by Suze789
Hi,
Congrats on getting a place! I have got my funding sorted. You just go online and fill it out as if it’s an undergrad but there’s a bit that you tick that says health professional. You can get fees covered and get a higher loan amount as it’s an accelerated course. Mine came through in 2/3 weeks

Ah thanks so much!! Where abouts are you going?
Reply 16
Ah thanks so much!! Where abouts are you going?

I’ve accepted a place at Brighton uni! I’m changing jobs from an 11 yr teaching career! I can’t wait! I’m looking forward to getting a bit more info although it’s still early days!
Original post by LukebJones
Hi, I have an offer from Uni of Birmingham and waiting for Manchester Met after having my interview a few weeks ago!

Hi, I have an interview from Uni of Birmingham next Tuesday and I am super nervous atm. What sort of questions did you got asked? Mine is a skype interview and got told will only last for 15 minutes. Thanks in advance.
Thats good mine was quite a lot longer consisting of a variety of tasks and then a discussion about my personal statement.
Thats exciting what a big change from teaching. I applied for my funding this morning @Suze789 and the only options was MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) self funded, the application went through offered me the finance I expected by the self funded bit worried me a bit. Was this the same for you?
Reply 19
Thats good mine was quite a lot longer consisting of a variety of tasks and then a discussion about my personal statement.
Thats exciting what a big change from teaching. I applied for my funding this morning @Suze789 and the only options was MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration) self funded, the application went through offered me the finance I expected by the self funded bit worried me a bit. Was this the same for you?

No there wasn’t a self funded but for me so not sure why it said that on yours. Did you do undergraduate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending