The Student Room Group

St Andrews A100 / Gateway 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BTROTH
This appears to be a blended forum with A101 Mature students who are on a very different course structure to the a100 offer holders. 🧐

Can you split and run a ScotGEM offer holders (a101)?

Normally we mix the GEM and undergrad offer holders, but here you go https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6397116

Post originally created by ecolier.
Original post by BTROTH
This appears to be a blended forum with A101 Mature students who are on a very different course structure to the a100 offer holders. 🧐

Can you split and run a ScotGEM offer holders (a101)?

I’m curious, how does the A101 differ from the A100 course?
Reply 42
Original post by Fezza101
I’m curious, how does the A101 differ from the A100 course?

Course: 4 years vs 5.
Integrated longitudinal clerkship in a remote/ rural Setting. ( so not MAN/ GLA deployment)

It’s Graduate entry only.
So an offer holder is going to have already or be predicted a 2:1 or 1st.
They will have sat and exceeded the GAMSAT threshold; an 8 hour 3 stage exam.
Reply 43
Just read St Andrews site - Offer Holders day and visiting days will be online events only. Held on same day all content will be delivered virtually. They will contact anyone who has booked using the email address you gave at the time.

Incidentally if anyone has booked with Premiere Inn they are giving refund for COVID-19 event cancellations even if you have booked non-cancellable 0333-0038101.
Out of curiosity, does St Andrews send a copy of the offer letter in the post?
Reply 45
Original post by badhand45
Out of curiosity, does St Andrews send a copy of the offer letter in the post?

Yes they do, along with a booklet about the uni
Original post by ae339
Yes they do, along with a booklet about the uni

Thank you very much! I am currently at uni accomodation but with uni closing down I have to go home so hoping I dont miss the letter and booklet
Reply 47
Thank you very much! I am currently at uni accomodation but with uni closing down I have to go home so hoping I dont miss the letter and booklet

I wouldn’t worry too much as the letter says pretty much the same thing as the email they send about your offer, and they said that the booklet information can be found on the website/the ‘my application’ portal. Although it is exciting to receive in the post!!
Original post by ae339
I wouldn’t worry too much as the letter says pretty much the same thing as the email they send about your offer, and they said that the booklet information can be found on the website/the ‘my application’ portal. Although it is exciting to receive in the post!!

Thats great thanks! It is quite exciting and would like to have a paper copy. How long did it take to come after track updated?
Reply 49
Thats great thanks! It is quite exciting and would like to have a paper copy. How long did it take to come after track updated?

Track updated on the 7th (Feb), I got an email from St Andrews on the 10th and I can’t remember exactly but I think the letter came either the same day or a day or two after that :smile:
Original post by ae339
Track updated on the 7th (Feb), I got an email from St Andrews on the 10th and I can’t remember exactly but I think the letter came either the same day or a day or two after that :smile:

Thats great, thank you very much!
Hi, anyone else firming st andrews?
Reply 52
Original post by annalisematt

Yes :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by _karen_
Yes :smile:

Me too :smile: firmed st Andrew's on friday

I firmed back in February
Reply 55
Original post by Fezza101
I firmed back in February

Sams
Reply 56

My son firmed his conditional offer yesterday.
Reply 57
What are you intending doing for accommodation choices?
Original post by Mumrah
What are you intending doing for accommodation choices?

There’s a st Andrews accommodation thread, so you’ll get better information there.
Just to remind everyone, off site social media group chats are not allowed anywhere on TSR.

Please do not advertise them and continue your discussions here in the forum.

Post originally created by ecolier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending