The Student Room Group

QUB/UUC PGCE Application 2020 entry

Hi there!

I’ve been searching the student room threads constantly for one about PGCE applications for these Universities and have been unable to find one, so I thought I’d create my own!

Has anyone else applied to Queen’s and Ulster for PGCE in 2020?

Scroll to see replies

Hiya

I just got into Ulster to do pgce primary. Trying to find some other people!
Reply 2
I have applied for the Queens University PGCE, although I am still waiting to hear back after the interview!
Reply 3
What subject area did you apply to?

Original post by Acc88
I have applied for the Queens University PGCE, although I am still waiting to hear back after the interview!

What subject did you apply to?
Original post by Acc88

Same here! Hope we find out soon!
Reply 5
Original post by Sianmmorgan
Same here! Hope we find out soon!

Is it just Queen’s you’ve applied to? ☺️
Original post by Engstudent8
Is it just Queen’s you’ve applied to? ☺️

Yes! They’re the only uni that offers PGCE in modern languages in Belfast. What did you apply for? 😊
Reply 7
Yes! They’re the only uni that offers PGCE in modern languages in Belfast. What did you apply for? 😊

Oh very good! I have applied for English 😄 I have an interview for Coleraine coming up in just over a week so I am very nervous for it 😬😬
Original post by Engstudent8
Oh very good! I have applied for English 😄 I have an interview for Coleraine coming up in just over a week so I am very nervous for it 😬😬

That’s great! I’m sure you’ll be fine! Hope it goes well for you!
Reply 9
That’s great! I’m sure you’ll be fine! Hope it goes well for you!

Thank you very much! Hopefully you get a positive response from Queen’s, best of luck!!
Reply 10
Original post by Acc88

I had my science PGCE interview last Wednesday, any ideas when we should hear back?
I applied for the English PGCE. Honestly a bit of a roller-coaster! I got rejected because my undergraduate degree wasn't at least 50% English related. This was news to me. After a few emails it emerged that the issue was my Erasmus semester abroad, and a few screenshots of the course catalogue convinced them that I was a viable applicant. Will be getting interviewed in late May / early June.This seems late considering everyone's comments here, but ah well. Just pleased to have secured an interview at this point.
Reply 12
I had my science interview in January and I was told we would hear around Easter time
Has anyone who applied to Coleraine for the PGCE heard anything yet?
Reply 14
Yeah I got a response from coleraine earlier today for the PGCE
Original post by JMMM
Yeah I got a response from coleraine earlier today for the PGCE

Was it an acceptance?
Reply 16
It was an acceptance of my place for the course but last year things were actually different judging by the forums I read on this website from previous years. Referees were contacted around Good Friday and I didn’t expect anything this early. And on April fools day too, maybe there actually pulling a prank with these responses today haha. Hope you get a response too and all is well x.
Original post by JMMM
It was an acceptance of my place for the course but last year things were actually different judging by the forums I read on this website from previous years. Referees were contacted around Good Friday and I didn’t expect anything this early. And on April fools day too, maybe there actually pulling a prank with these responses today haha. Hope you get a response too and all is well x.

What subject was this for? 🙂
Reply 18
It was the English PGCE in coleraine
Original post by JMMM
It was the English PGCE in coleraine

Congratulations!! You must be over the moon! Did you apply to Queen’s or only Coleraine? I have been put on the waitlist, trying not to lose all hope ☹️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending