The Student Room Group

Final Fantasy 7 Remake....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ANM775
SH*T

I've accidentally ordered 2 copies of the game due to the crappy site giving an error message and telling me the 1st transaction didn't go through. I am unable to cancel the second one, and apparently they both have shipped today.

this is very bad.

I'm going to have to waste money sending it back, and hope i can find a post office open, and hope the fact that royal mail are not asking people to sign does not lead to the company swindling me.....

lmao, i ordered the 1st class edition but i don't really want it anymore, and they're not responding to my messages. oh well
Reply 21
Original post by Ciel.
lmao, i ordered the 1st class edition but i don't really want it anymore, and they're not responding to my messages. oh well

you have far too much money man.......

not surprised they're not responding to your msg, they've just sold you something for £259 ..which actually probably costs less than £30 [to manufacture]
Reply 22
Original post by ANM775
you have far too much money man.......

not surprised they're not responding to your msg, they've just sold you something for £259 ..which actually probably costs less than £30 [to manufacture]

ehh their action figures just break so easily. i bought the exclusive version for ffxv too and my cat broke both noct's weapons, ugh
Original post by ANM775
SH*T

I've accidentally ordered 2 copies of the game due to the crappy site giving an error message and telling me the 1st transaction didn't go through. I am unable to cancel the second one, and apparently they both have shipped today.

this is very bad.

I'm going to have to waste money sending it back, and hope i can find a post office open, and hope the fact that royal mail are not asking people to sign does not lead to the company swindling me.....

Where did you order from please, I have 2 wait a week for my copy? Ta
Reply 25
Original post by sara.ads
Where did you order from please, I have 2 wait a week for my copy? Ta

2 WEEKS? ..ouch

Did your order your copy from a tortoise.......

I only pre ordered mine on april 1st :biggrin: , it's now april 3rd

shopto.net
Original post by ANM775
2 WEEKS? ..ouch

Did your order your copy from a tortoise.......

I only pre ordered mine on april 1st :biggrin: , it's now april 3rd

shopto.net

Great thanks, hope you get it quick x
Reply 27
Great thanks, hope you get it quick x

didn't you see my other post on this page?

The game arrived this morning. I'm playing it right now. Just done the 1st scorpion boss :smile:
Original post by ANM775
didn't you see my other post on this page?

The game arrived this morning. I'm playing it right now. Just done the 1st scorpion boss :smile:

I’m so jealous, I preordered mine 2 months ago, honestly I’m chuffed for you just wish it was me 2 🤪 Have fun
Reply 29
I’m so jealous, I preordered mine 2 months ago, honestly I’m chuffed for you just wish it was me 2 🤪 Have fun

Thanks, try to cancel your pre-order if possible?
has it shipped yet?

shopto.net delivered mine 2 days after i ordered it.

I hear amazon may experience delays. There seems to be bit of commotion about whether it will ship on time due to covid-19

also don't order it digitially or it will come on release.

Without giving away any spoilers, I've played around an hour past where the demo ends [scorpion boss battle] and it's even better imo. The music flows seamlessly and changes better when you encounter enemies and the enemies and battles get more challenging. I experienced game over screen twice!. This game definitely ain't a hack n' slash/button mashing. You need to really think about how you're going to go about things or you'll soon meet your end.

This is what I like. The game has retained is strategic element even though it's now in real time. Final Fantasy 15's real time killed a lot of the strategic battle elements. Magic was almost redundant , and although i did enjoy the battles .... i did miss the lack of strategy.

i've recorded some of playthrough on ff7 remake but i'm scared to upload it to youtube because i hear youtube is banning people who do that [as it's pre-release]
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
Thanks, try to cancel your pre-order if possible?
has it shipped yet?

shopto.net delivered mine 2 days after i ordered it.

I hear amazon may experience delays. There seems to be bit of commotion about whether it will ship on time due to covid-19

also don't order it digitially or it will come on release.

Without giving away any spoilers, I've played around an hour past where the demo ends [scorpion boss battle] and it's even better imo. The music flows seamlessly and changes better when you encounter enemies and the enemies and battles get more challenging. I experienced game over screen twice!. This game definitely ain't a hack n' slash/button mashing. You need to really think about how you're going to go about things or you'll soon meet your end.

This is what I like. The game has retained is strategic element even though it's now in real time. Final Fantasy 15's real time killed a lot of the strategic battle elements. Magic was almost redundant , and although i did enjoy the battles .... i did miss the lack of strategy.

i've recorded some of playthrough on ff7 remake but i'm scared to upload it to youtube because i hear youtube is banning people who do that [as it's pre-release]

Yeah they will remove the stream, I’ve noticed a few that were there but are now gone from YouTube, I’ve had confirmation they are shipping mine next week so don’t want to risk going somewhere else and then they run out of first day stock,
Reply 31
Yeah they will remove the stream, I’ve noticed a few that were there but are now gone from YouTube, I’ve had confirmation they are shipping mine next week so don’t want to risk going somewhere else and then they run out of first day stock,

who did you order from?

I just want to remind myself to never order from them if i'm hoping to get a game early ahead of release :P
Original post by ANM775
who did you order from?

I just want to remind myself to never order from them if i'm hoping to get a game early ahead of release :P

Lol, base.com, it is £8 cheaper so can’t complain 2 much
Reply 33
Lol, base.com, it is £8 cheaper so can’t complain 2 much

on march 31st i went on that site and put the game in my basket.

on april 1st i went to pay for it and discovered they had put the price up to £49.99 and also they were saying they were now out of stock and all new orders would be delivered after launch :mad:
https://www.base.com/buy/product/final-fantasy-vii-remake-ps4/dgc-ff7ps4.htm

so i googled around and saw a few other places sold out. i also could not get it for the cheaper price anymore. in the end i took a gamble and settled on shop.to
i also did some research and apparently they do deliver before release date for games a lot.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
on march 31st i went on that site and put the game in my basket.

on april 1st i went to pay for it and discovered they had put the price up to £49.99 and also they were saying they were now out of stock and all new orders would be delivered after launch :mad:
https://www.base.com/buy/product/final-fantasy-vii-remake-ps4/dgc-ff7ps4.htm

so i googled around and saw a few other places sold out. i also could not get it for the cheaper price anymore. in the end i took a gamble and settled on shop.to
i also did some research and apparently they do deliver before release date for games a lot.

That’s fab, they are showing they are out of first day stock now on shop.to, I did have a look. I’m taking it as call from above to get on with my college work 🤣 hope your still enjoying
Reply 35
That’s fab, they are showing they are out of first day stock now on shop.to, I did have a look. I’m taking it as call from above to get on with my college work 🤣 hope your still enjoying

you're right!
I've just had a look.
This game is very popular.

I feel bad that i've deprived someone as I've got an extra sealed copy just sitting here. pity you don't live near me or i could just sell you it and everyone's happy.

i'm going to have to make a 1 hour round trip to the post office at some point to send it back :/

i'm gonna play it bit more later. i'm in no rush to finish it. you always get some people who buy it at launch and literally play a game from start to finish with like 2 hours sleep or something and then upload all the spoilers to youtube and boast about how they've finished it.
Original post by ANM775
you're right!
I've just had a look.
This game is very popular.

I feel bad that i've deprived someone as I've got an extra sealed copy just sitting here. pity you don't live near me or i could just sell you it and everyone's happy.

i'm going to have to make a 1 hour round trip to the post office at some point to send it back :/

i'm gonna play it bit more later. i'm in no rush to finish it. you always get some people who buy it at launch and literally play a game from start to finish with like 2 hours sleep or something and then upload all the spoilers to youtube and boast about how they've finished it.

Stick it on eBay, with pick up only, you’ll make someone’s month 😀
Reply 37
Stick it on eBay, with pick up only, you’ll make someone’s month 😀

hmmm ... maybe i should try that
Reply 38
where's my FF7 chocobo summon chick materia...?

don't tell me this can only be retrieved at launch 😕

I don't get the impression it's one of the more powerful summons. I hope by time i get it i'm not too high a level for it to be much use..
Reply 39
just seen a review of it on youtube, the reviewer said they did all the sidequests and completed the game in 35 hours and was level 34 at the end. there are 18 total chapters

bit disappointing if you ask me. i could of sworn square enix said something like 60 hours+ with all side quests done.

i'm level 16 atm, ..10/11 hours in :/
chapter 7

Quick Reply

Latest