The Student Room Group

Um colleges offers?

Okay, so GCSEs are cancelled so I'm getting colleges/sith form offers but I'm holding off them because I'm waiting for an offer from my desired sixth form but they're not getting back to me. What do I do?
Original post by kairoskth
Okay, so GCSEs are cancelled so I'm getting colleges/sith form offers but I'm holding off them because I'm waiting for an offer from my desired sixth form but they're not getting back to me. What do I do?

wait,
if you get to a point where some schools give you a yes/no ultimatium then by all means email/call the school in question, inform thm they are your preference but you dont want to lose a spot at school number 2 or 3, can they inform you of an expected decision time or admissions update.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
wait,
if you get to a point where some schools give you a yes/no ultimatium then by all means email/call the school in question, inform thm they are your preference but you dont want to lose a spot at school number 2 or 3, can they inform you of an expected decision time or admissions update.

i guess i could email my desired sixth form but I know I would either have to accept or decline others in a fixed time which I have to act fast but however can someone tell me how is sixth-form going to work considering the whole COVID-19 situation because first of all I got a conditional offer from my desired sixth form as long as I get the requirements but I can't do that anymore but also at the same time I don't want to resit the exams. Is there a chance I could be accepted in that sixth form despite not meeting the grades requirement or should I just forget it and accept offer 2. I just wish that they are like (obviously) aware of the circumstance but understanding in which they may possibly allow me? but idk

this may sound confusing and idk if I made sense but here we go, I would be grateful if anyone replies.
Original post by kairoskth
i guess i could email my desired sixth form but I know I would either have to accept or decline others in a fixed time which I have to act fast but however can someone tell me how is sixth-form going to work considering the whole COVID-19 situation because first of all I got a conditional offer from my desired sixth form as long as I get the requirements but I can't do that anymore but also at the same time I don't want to resit the exams. Is there a chance I could be accepted in that sixth form despite not meeting the grades requirement or should I just forget it and accept offer 2. I just wish that they are like (obviously) aware of the circumstance but understanding in which they may possibly allow me? but idk

this may sound confusing and idk if I made sense but here we go, I would be grateful if anyone replies.

If the time by which you have to act with another school is coming up fast then by all means contact them, that's what I meant by when you are faced with the ultimatum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending