The Student Room Group
Norwich University of the Arts
Norwich

Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) 2020 applicant chat

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to NUA for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Reply 1
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to NUA for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

This is buzzing
Norwich University of the Arts
Norwich
I have been offered places on illustration courses at both Norwich and Camberwell. Wondering if studying in London would be better for networking with future potential employers. Any thoughts?
I've been offered from (BA Illustration) NUA and University of Gloucestershire. Anyone from NUA can give me some insights of how's the experience ? Is it worth going ?
Reply 4
I’ve also been offered a place for BA Illustration Norwich
I have a place on the Graphics Communications course. Attended the 'Open day' zoom call today and was quite impressed with the look of the university and everything that they offer, including Erasmus options - which is something I'm super interested in. The only thing I'm concerned about is Norwich being so far away from everything, which moving from barren wasteland Lincolnshire isn't ideal. Hard to pick between NUA or NTU but honestly Norwich just looks so much nicer than Notts
Original post by ausername123
I have a place on the Graphics Communications course. Attended the 'Open day' zoom call today and was quite impressed with the look of the university and everything that they offer, including Erasmus options - which is something I'm super interested in. The only thing I'm concerned about is Norwich being so far away from everything, which moving from barren wasteland Lincolnshire isn't ideal. Hard to pick between NUA or NTU but honestly Norwich just looks so much nicer than Notts

Heya thats great!

Also how did you find the 'Open day' Zoom call in comparison to going to a physical open day, Did you manage to find out everything you needed ? <3
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Heya thats great!

Also how did you find the 'Open day' Zoom call in comparison to going to a physical open day, Did you manage to find out everything you needed ? <3

Hi!
Well, being a shy person I think I actually preferred the zoom call in terms of the fact that I could pretty much anonymously ask questions. I had a lot of questions and every one was answered in an informative and concise way which was really nice. They went over pretty much everything too - accommodation, finance, city life, etc. The only problem is they didn't show the facilities for specific courses, rather just glossing over a general view of what they offer, so I still feel a bit unsure. Especially since physically being there in person you can get a general vibe from the place and if it's right for you. Going to Lincolns open day I was actually surprised by how nice it was, so it's a shame I cant visit NUA
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi!
Well, being a shy person I think I actually preferred the zoom call in terms of the fact that I could pretty much anonymously ask questions. I had a lot of questions and every one was answered in an informative and concise way which was really nice. They went over pretty much everything too - accommodation, finance, city life, etc. The only problem is they didn't show the facilities for specific courses, rather just glossing over a general view of what they offer, so I still feel a bit unsure. Especially since physically being there in person you can get a general vibe from the place and if it's right for you. Going to Lincolns open day I was actually surprised by how nice it was, so it's a shame I cant visit NUA

Yeah is such a shame really happy tat you managed to get some useful content from the zoom call though and managed to speak more confidently anonymously :smile: Sounds like it still doesn't compare to viewing in person though, do you think not being able to attend in person will sway your decision to which uni you'll go to ? x
Yeah is such a shame really happy tat you managed to get some useful content from the zoom call though and managed to speak more confidently anonymously :smile: Sounds like it still doesn't compare to viewing in person though, do you think not being able to attend in person will sway your decision to which uni you'll go to ? x

Hmm, I don't think so. A few years back I was actually meant to attend Swansea University before I had personal problems arise - a 5-hour journey from me as well as a place I'd never been and it turned out to be pretty beautiful (I visited on an open day, after confirming my place haha). All about that research! It's just a shame that there doesn't seem to be much information on NUA in terms of student recounts outside of their own website : / x
Hmm, I don't think so. A few years back I was actually meant to attend Swansea University before I had personal problems arise - a 5-hour journey from me as well as a place I'd never been and it turned out to be pretty beautiful (I visited on an open day, after confirming my place haha). All about that research! It's just a shame that there doesn't seem to be much information on NUA in terms of student recounts outside of their own website : / x

Yeah thats a real shame, we have a few reviews for NUA here but they are a bit old, hope it can help a little bit though <3
Hi!

Hi @ausername123,

I am glad you enjoyed visiting the University of Lincoln on an open day. Good luck in choosing where to attend, if you have any questions about life at Lincoln feel free to ask.

Jack :smile:
Yeah thats a real shame, we have a few reviews for NUA here but they are a bit old, hope it can help a little bit though <3

Yes, is really hard to find more information. Is there anyway to talk to current NUA student here? I've only found this forum recently. Not quite sure how it works
Original post by honeynghost
Yes, is really hard to find more information. Is there anyway to talk to current NUA student here? I've only found this forum recently. Not quite sure how it works

Im happy to answer some questions if you want, I'm studying graphic design at Nua.
Original post by Bdroomcommando
Im happy to answer some questions if you want, I'm studying graphic design at Nua.

Thanks ! @Bdroomcommando check your dm
Reply 15
what is going on sept 2020
@Ygpfi Considering to defer ): I don’t want to fly to UK just to have online class
Reply 17
@Ygpfi Considering to defer ): I don’t want to fly to UK just to have online class

I already defered this year, if it gets worse and not any better i might also but hopefully this sept things might have calmed down, what course u wanting to do?
Original post by Ygpfi
I already defered this year, if it gets worse and not any better i might also but hopefully this sept things might have calmed down, what course u wanting to do?

@Ygpfi I’m doing Illustration BA hbu??
Reply 19
@Ygpfi I’m doing Illustration BA hbu??

Same but for graphic design

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending