The Student Room Group

Should i start stuff for my EPQ

Hi, so i start sixth form in September, i have research my chosen subjects looked at past exam papers and examiners reports and was wondering if i should start researching for my EPQ?
I have an idea on what i would like to do it on but any advice would be great,
thank you!
It wouldn’t hurt to! I would spend this time picking apart your question, maybe mind map your idea and decide what questions you want to answer, what aspects of the topic interest you etc. The best way to start an EPQ is with an understanding of what exactly you want to do it on.

Maybe reserve the actual writing/process of your EPQ for when you start sixth form, but definitely get a feel for and brainstorm topics that you’re interested in.
Reply 2
Original post by emily.g34
Hi, so i start sixth form in September, i have research my chosen subjects looked at past exam papers and examiners reports and was wondering if i should start researching for my EPQ?
I have an idea on what i would like to do it on but any advice would be great,
thank you!

START NOW!!! trust me on this do start it now while you have time on your hands otherwise you'll have so much extra work on top of starting a levels, if you can try and look at past epq papers and maybe do a mook course on your subject and save any references you do use this will save you so much time in the future. x
Reply 3
wow, ok thank you do you think this is a good epq title: To what extant is organised crime considered a career.
and regarding my alevel subjects im doing english language,sociology and geography do you have any ideas on what revision guides i should buy and should i just start teaching myself the courses.
thank you your advice is great
Reply 4
regarding your epq title they try and get you to show how you've adapted and improved certain aspects of your epq so i think you should start off with that title for now and maybe add more detail to it as you do more and more research and make it more specific to a certain aspect of that topic so maybe "in different countries" or "throughout time", things like that.
also for your subjects, i didn't take English or sociology but for geography i would recommend you find out what exam board you are going to be under and download the exam specifications this really helps with giving you a rough idea what you will be studying and help you make a decision if you want to buy a revision guide and which one to buy. x
Reply 5
Original post by Izzy wiz
regarding your epq title they try and get you to show how you've adapted and improved certain aspects of your epq so i think you should start off with that title for now and maybe add more detail to it as you do more and more research and make it more specific to a certain aspect of that topic so maybe "in different countries" or "throughout time", things like that.
also for your subjects, i didn't take English or sociology but for geography i would recommend you find out what exam board you are going to be under and download the exam specifications this really helps with giving you a rough idea what you will be studying and help you make a decision if you want to buy a revision guide and which one to buy

i shall do, thank you
Reply 6
i shall do, thank you

no problem hope this helped xx
Reply 7
also for your subjects, i didn't take English or sociology but for geography i would recommend you find out what exam board you are going to be under and download the exam specifications this really helps with giving you a rough idea what you will be studying and help you make a decision if you want to buy a revision guide and which one to buy.

what about adding if its a sustainable career
Reply 8
you

what about adding if its a sustainable career

you'd need to add who it would be a sustainable career for or when or where they will always ask you to be more specific x
Reply 9
you

ahhh!! ok thank you
Reply 10
umm slight issue
i have done some more reasearch anad you epq carnt overlap with your subjects and in sociology we do a unit on crime, i dont think we actually disscus it as a job but we do about global crime, trends, impacts and the justice system
as long as you're not plagiarizing direct content from the specification you should be fine but you can always slightly alter your topic while you're doing research

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending