The Student Room Group

Need some help to choose the uni :)

I'm an international applicant and the offers I've gotten are as follow:

1) MSc Sport Management of Loughborough University
2) MSc Sport Policy, Management and International Development of the University of Edinburgh
3) MSc Sports Business and Management of University of Liverpool

I haven't decided which uni to go to. Any advice? Thanks!
Reply 1
I’ve heard that Loughborough is one of the best universities for sports in the country
Reply 2
Original post by Ten-Ten
I’ve heard that Loughborough is one of the best universities for sports in the country

Thank you for your reply. I've heard that as well, but Edinburgh seems to have more international reputation with a higher university ranking and Liverpool has a better industrial environment. That's why it is hard for me to choose.🤦*♀️
As your course is sport-related, I'd go for Loughborough :smile: however, I don't think the nightlife there is as good as a lot of unis, so if that's something you take into a lot of consideration, maybe Liverpool?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by wastedcuriosity
As your course is sport-related, I'd go for Loughborough :smile:

Thanks! Well, Loughborough got 2 votes :biggrin:
Original post by terry006

2) MSc Sport Policy, Management and International Development of the University of Edinburgh

Hi @terry006,

Loughborough is ranked as number 1 in the world for sports-related subjects - QS World Rankings.

As a single site campus our international students find the community feel to be a safe space for them to study and enjoy their time at university. You can make your experience into what you want it to be, get involved in a much or as little as you want around your studies. The Students Union hosts a number of activities throughout the year, including nights out and fairs.

If you have any questions specific to Loughborough feel free to ask away.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:
Hi i go loughborough.
Its the best for sports related degrees
Night life isnt as good as other places but its not bad at all, and everything is cheap. And you can always go up to nottingham for a night out if you fancy.
Most people are friendly but there are some kinda strange people lmao. Its a small town so everything is within walking distance pretty much.
Overall lboro is decent, havent had the greatest year here myself, has its downsides definitely but idk overall id say its decent. Most issues Ive had i wouldve either had no matter where I went or they were because I made ****ty friends lmao which is just down to luck ig

Hey I got offers from Liverpool and Edinburgh too and put Liverpool down as my first choice, sports at Liverpool are supposedly good too on my open day I saw that the environment there is really great!!
Loughborough, my dad went there
Reply 9
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi @terry006,

Loughborough is ranked as number 1 in the world for sports-related subjects - QS World Rankings.

As a single site campus our international students find the community feel to be a safe space for them to study and enjoy their time at university. You can make your experience into what you want it to be, get involved in a much or as little as you want around your studies. The Students Union hosts a number of activities throughout the year, including nights out and fairs.

If you have any questions specific to Loughborough feel free to ask away.
Best Wishes,
Emily :smile:

Thank you Emily. Have a nice day! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by ----_----
Hi i go loughborough.
Its the best for sports related degrees
Night life isnt as good as other places but its not bad at all, and everything is cheap. And you can always go up to nottingham for a night out if you fancy.
Most people are friendly but there are some kinda strange people lmao. Its a small town so everything is within walking distance pretty much.
Overall lboro is decent, havent had the greatest year here myself, has its downsides definitely but idk overall id say its decent. Most issues Ive had i wouldve either had no matter where I went or they were because I made ****ty friends lmao which is just down to luck ig

Thanks for your advice. It's very detailed and useful. Hope everything goes well with you! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by sujibear
Hey I got offers from Liverpool and Edinburgh too and put Liverpool down as my first choice, sports at Liverpool are supposedly good too on my open day I saw that the environment there is really great!!

Congrats on your offers! :biggrin: Thanks for your advice as well.
Reply 12
Original post by Greywolftwo
Loughborough, my dad went there

Thank you! :smile:
Hi Terry,I'm in a similar position now, looking into taking a Master's course in Sports Management and retraining - was the UCFB something that you considered? I'm conscious of the need to get industry placements and experience, in addition to another qualification. Would be great to know how you're getting on and which one you chose?Thanks,Charlie
Original post by charliepeachh
Hi Terry,I'm in a similar position now, looking into taking a Master's course in Sports Management and retraining - was the UCFB something that you considered? I'm conscious of the need to get industry placements and experience, in addition to another qualification. Would be great to know how you're getting on and which one you chose?Thanks,Charlie

Hi there!

My name's Dan and I'm based in the postgraduate team at Loughborough University - I just thought it might be useful to share a few links/resources to help narrow down your choices/options!

Our online prospectus has lots of information about the programmes available to study, including course fees, entry requirements and how to apply. You may also want to view the accommodation available to postgraduate students and how to apply for this.

The University also offers a wide range of scholarship awards for academic achievement and you can find out more by visiting the master's degree funding web page.

You can also view information relating to careers and the support services available for our students.

Finally, if you'd like to learn more about studying with us, we are hosting a virtual postgraduate open day this Wednesday 4 November, where you can watch presentations from our departments and chat live with our academics, support staff and current students, amongst much more! You can find out more and book your place here.

I hope this helps, but if you have any more questions, just let me know! :smile:

All the best,
- Dan
Reply 15

hiya, I'm hoping to be an undergrad sports scientist at Loughborough, I've heard just having the name Loughborough mentioned in your CV makes you more employable!

I’d suggest not to go to any uni
Original post by nelsea
hiya, I'm hoping to be an undergrad sports scientist at Loughborough, I've heard just having the name Loughborough mentioned in your CV makes you more employable!

Hi @nelsea

Great to hear you're thinking of coming to Loughborough - great choice (we are number one in the world for sports related subjects as I'm sure you know :biggrin: )

Might be worth looking over at our Loughborough forum if you have any questions here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=125

Vicky
Original post by Qualcast
I’d suggest not to go to any uni

Hi Thanks for considering University of Liverpool. The University does have current students that you can chat to about the university and what life is like in Liverpool which may help you. You can find the students by clicking here

Hope this helps and good luck in wherever you decide to go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending