The Student Room Group

Friends went pub without me

A few weeks ago my friends went to the pub because one of them just turned 18 so all my mates are 18 or over so they can go to the pub. Im only 17 but Im the only one because Im a late birthday. I cant get into the pub I think its after 9pm I cant get in because Im 17. What happened was we were going to the pub, everyone else got in but I didnt so had to go home but what has pissed me off is my friends just let me go they didnt say theyll go home as well they just carried on, they just went bye to me, I literally went home feeling left out and I cried on my bed. They shouldve came out with me and had the drink anothervtime because its not my fault Im not 18 yet. This was a local pub we went to but to make things worse I found out that they went to wetherspoons whhich is like a bigger more special pub. I just am pissed of how they didnt atleast ask if I was ok or anything they just straight up said bye and then on top of that they went to special pub without me. They just basically ditched me when they shouldve just gone home so I had a massive argument with them but they were sticking up for themselves still, they didnt even say sorry in fact one of them was trying to blame me saying I shouldnt have tried to get in and also they want to go pub without me again.

Scroll to see replies

It strikes me that you're not old enough to go to a pub, and not just on age grounds.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
It strikes me that you're not old enough to go to a pub, and not just on age grounds.

I dont know what you mean
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
they went to wetherspoons whhich is like a bigger more special pub.

There's nothing special about any Wetherspoons. You're not missing out.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill. In a few months you'll be 18 too and will forget stuff like this happened.
I’ve had that happen to me all the time with my friends, although they don’t do it on purpose, at least I hope not
Reply 5
Original post by Drewski
There's nothing special about any Wetherspoons. You're not missing out.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill. In a few months you'll be 18 too and will forget stuff like this happened.

Its just how they just went **** him we will leave him to go home and we will go to a bigger pub as well also how one of them blamed me then how the are sticking up for themselves not even saying sorry. Weatherspoons is special compared to a local pub though
A few weeks ago my friends went to the pub because one of them just turned 18 so all my mates are 18 or over so they can go to the pub. Im only 17 but Im the only one because Im a late birthday. I cant get into the pub I think its after 9pm I cant get in because Im 17. What happened was we were going to the pub, everyone else got in but I didnt so had to go home but what has pissed me off is my friends just let me go they didnt say theyll go home as well they just carried on, they just went bye to me, I literally went home feeling left out and I cried on my bed. They shouldve came out with me and had the drink anothervtime because its not my fault Im not 18 yet. This was a local pub we went to but to make things worse I found out that they went to wetherspoons whhich is like a bigger more special pub. I just am pissed of how they didnt atleast ask if I was ok or anything they just straight up said bye and then on top of that they went to special pub without me. They just basically ditched me when they shouldve just gone home so I had a massive argument with them but they were sticking up for themselves still, they didnt even say sorry in fact one of them was trying to blame me saying I shouldnt have tried to get in and also they want to go pub without me again.

1. You can go into a pub at 17, just not buy alcohol, although you can have a beer with a meal.
2. I dont see your friends did anything wrong and you expected too much of them to go home with you. It wasnt personal, just one of those things.
3. Crying over it seems a bit over the top.
4. They probably didnt ask because they didnt see it as a big deal.
5. I dont see what they had to say sorry about. Plus you could have gone into spoons.
6. Nobody will be going to pubs at the moment, so no point dwelling on it. You could well be 18 the next time pubs are open.
7. If you hadnt noticed there are bigger things going on in the world.
Reply 7
Original post by Greywolftwo
I’ve had that happen to me all the time with my friends, although they don’t do it on purpose, at least I hope not

My mates did on purpose because they could easily just gone home and not had the drink but they just decided **** that well carry on
Reply 8
Its just how they just went **** him we will leave him to go home and we will go to a bigger pub as well also how one of them blamed me then how the are sticking up for themselves not even saying sorry. Weatherspoons is special compared to a local pub though

Do you not think it's selfish of you to want to ruin everyone's night by making them go home because you can't get in?

Weatherspoons really isnt special.
You coiuld have gone and had a burger.
Original post by Drewski
Do you not think it's selfish of you to want to ruin everyone's night by making them go home because you can't get in?

Its not because I was left out, they could have a night out when I turn 18 instead of having it without me leaving me upset
Good lord....
I understand it must have been a annoying situation for you..... But why make a big hissy fit over it? I understand you may have doubted freinds loyalty but why argue with your friends like a woman arguing with her boyfriends about seeing another woman?. Crying on your bed afterwards???. Really??

Come on dude!!
There was nation leading warriors at age 17 back in the very olden days. Man up my dear fellow fellow.

Don't take it too personally, your friends were a very tiny bit harsh but what could they do? Stop going to the pub because you cannot get in and because you are too innocent to make a fake ID.
Don't ever cry on your bed over **** like that ever again! Never act like a sissy the way you did ever again!

Sorry for the tongue lashing but you need to know this. Society is too snowflake these days and makes men into girls. You are only 17, thankgod. Take this comment on board and become a man sooner rather than later for your own good sake.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 999tigger
1. You can go into a pub at 17, just not buy alcohol, although you can have a beer with a meal.
2. I dont see your friends did anything wrong and you expected too much of them to go home with you. It wasnt personal, just one of those things.
3. Crying over it seems a bit over the top.
4. They probably didnt ask because they didnt see it as a big deal.
5. I dont see what they had to say sorry about. Plus you could have gone into spoons.
6. Nobody will be going to pubs at the moment, so no point dwelling on it. You could well be 18 the next time pubs are open.
7. If you hadnt noticed there are bigger things going on in the world.

I didnt get in because it was after 9 so you apprently cant and I was crying because I was feeling so left out while they werent giving a ****
Original post by Drewski

Exactly, It's a night for someone else's 18th and you want them to call that off because you tagged along knowing FINE WELL you might not be allowed to join them?
I dont know what you mean

You're clearly not mature enough to drink alcohol in a public venue.

(Alternatively, you're making all this up.)
Its not because I was left out, they could have a night out when I turn 18 instead of having it without me leaving me upset

So you think it's acceptable to make one of your friends miss going out for a drink on his 18th because you were left out?

If so, they made the right decision. You're being a pretty ****ty friend.
You're clearly not mature enough to drink alcohol in a public venue.

(Alternatively, you're making all this up.)

I drink alcohol at home and why would I make **** up
I drink alcohol at home and why would I make **** up

Boredom?
Original post by Drewski
So you think it's acceptable to make one of your friends miss going out for a drink on his 18th because you were left out?

If so, they made the right decision. You're being a pretty ****ty friend.

It wasnt even his 18th it was just a casual drink not even a night out just a drink at a local pub at 9pm. If it was actually his 18th party it worse because hes not even let his own mate come to his 18th.
Boredom?

I was bored when I got home after they ditch me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending