The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation at Nottingham

I will study psychology at Nottingham uni this year. The psychology department is in the University Campus Park. I prefer the self-catared accommodation, so I'm between broadgate and raleigh park. Broadgate is closer to the psychology department, however i think i like more raleigh park. I have never been to Nottingham... So, what is your opinion about these accommodations?

Scroll to see replies

I was going to pick Broadgate Park, as it's closer to campus than Raleigh Park (providing I get in - got an interview for pharmacy on tuesday), but i haven't done that much research into it yet, but Raleigh Park IS cheaper. It's a tough choice this one. I've also not seen the university yet either, but I have seen bits and pieces of Nottingham - my sister went to NTU, and we have relatives in West Bridgford, but we haven't been that many times. I haven't really been able to go to Nottingham because of GCSEs/A-levels so I haven't really seen that much of it. There's also St Peter's Court if you're looking at Raleigh Park (this one comes with gym membership AND free bus travel). Lemme know what you think.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Broadgate Park and Raleigh Park are both good halls imo (I stayed at Broadgate). Broadgate is considerably bigger however is just as social as Raleigh Park. Raleigh Park is closer to a Lidl, Dominos, Subway etc and Broadgate has a coop very close by. In terms of deciding between the two, they are pretty similar so go with whichever one you like better as one is not better than the other!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I was going to pick Broadgate Park, as it's closer to campus than Raleigh Park (providing I get in - got an interview for pharmacy on tuesday), but i haven't done that much research into it yet, but Raleigh Park IS cheaper. It's a tough choice this one. I've also not seen the university yet either, but I have seen bits and pieces of Nottingham - my sister went to NTU, and we have relatives in West Bridgford, but we haven't been that many times. I haven't really been able to go to Nottingham because of GCSEs/A-levels so I haven't really seen that much of it. There's also St Peter's Court if you're looking at Raleigh Park (this one comes with gym membership AND free bus travel). Lemme know what you think.

I think that St. Peter’s court is too far away from everything... I don’t know... I’m from Greece... and I only rely on google maps and pictures😂
I stayed at Broadgate Park, and i would say its far better than St. Peters Court. Broadgate has the best of all worlds. It has the Tram connection, close to University Park, and a 10 min walk from Beeston Centre.
Original post by iSlayeDaUnicorn
I stayed at Broadgate Park, and i would say its far better than St. Peters Court. Broadgate has the best of all worlds. It has the Tram connection, close to University Park, and a 10 min walk from Beeston Centre.

Is it true that the wifi is ****? I've seen a lot of people saying that. Tbh that is the only reason why I'm hesitant about Broadgate Park, otherwise I was planning on choosing it anyway.
Reply 6
I chose a studio at Broadgate after I visited in February, I didn’t visit St Peters because it was too far, but between Raleigh and Broadgate I definitely like how ideally located it was so hopefully I’m there in September.
Reply 7
I read that in broadgate there are several old buildings. Do you know whether the large standard rooms are located in the old buildings?
One thing I see a lot on discussions about accomodation is "[accomodation] is closer to the [department] building", but just because you're studying psychology doesn't necessarily mean you will be mainly in the psychology building; lectures are usually scattered around the campus.
How many people do you share a fridge with? My mum OVERCOOKS and so it's always a struggle to fit everything in (my sister struggled for four years)
Original post by mmmarria
I read that in broadgate there are several old buildings. Do you know whether the large standard rooms are located in the old buildings?

The older buildings you refer to are Lower Court and Upper Court, both of which have large standard rooms, but have no en suites or studios. Turnpike lanes buildings are the modern ones with the fancier kit. I stayed in Lower Court, which many people say is the worst place to be. I would fully disagree, as our block (30 people in 6 flats) was like one big family.
Original post by Cakey112
if it helps I stayed in St. Peter’s court and have friends who stayed in other accommodations and I almost lived in Raleigh park. St. Peter’s court runs a free bus to main campus and back several times a day, as well as there being the free hopper bus from jubilee to main campus, not to mention it is in fact within walking distance of main campus and several of my friends who I lived with in SPC chose to walk when the weather was good. It also happens to be the accommodation closest to town which is only a 20 minute walk roughly and a 7 min bus so the centre is much more accessible whereas for people living at day BGP they pretty much never went to town unless for a night out and of course spent a lot on taxis everywhere. SPC is nicer than Raleigh Park in my opinion if you didn’t get the chance to look around the two. As I’m on Jubilee I never considered any main campus accommodations but also never particularly liked the idea of living on the doorstep of my lecture hall anyway. It really depends on how you feel about living on the university grounds as well as how you feel about being much further from the centre (consider stuff like if you’re planning to get a job etc)

BGP has easy access to town through the Tram line which has a stop 2 minutes from BGP. People staying at BGP go to town very often because of this, i'm not sure where you've got the idea that BGP is somehow disconnected.
I looked at Nottingham Two for accommodation and I read reviews of how terrible it is, peoples phones get stolen, burglaries on the lower floor and damages everywhere, honestly I don't know what accommodation to choose now reading reviews really put me off it.

I want my own bathroom and a shared kitchen with 3-4 people, maybe I should look for something private like IQ or something but they're mostly sold out.
I applied for pharmacy as well I just sent off my application for accommodation, how did the interview go?
I applied for pharmacy as well I just sent off my application for accommodation, how did the interview go?

My interviewer told me at the end that I had passed and gotten an offer - I lowkey thought for a while that I had misheard but I got an offer email from him about two hours later. Just waiting for UCAS Track to update now before I can do student finance and accommodation.

Hi! I applied to pharmacy as well & got an offer. If you're interested, I'm thinking of making a gc on snapchat/instagram/whatsapp (not to sure yet). Would you be inetrested in joining? :smile:
My interviewer told me at the end that I had passed and gotten an offer - I lowkey thought for a while that I had misheard but I got an offer email from him about two hours later. Just waiting for UCAS Track to update now before I can do student finance and accommodation.

Hi! Would you be interested in joining a gc for pharmacy at notts? Havent made it yet bc I've barely found anyone aha
Hi! Would you be interested in joining a gc for pharmacy at notts? Havent made it yet bc I've barely found anyone aha

I also applied for pharmacy too ! Thinking of Catered hall but I am struggling about the fixed meal time...
I had considered BGP before but many said the connection is ****ed ..

YES SIGN ME UP. (I'm Anonymous #1 - I just keep forgetting to untick the box).
Original post by StephenChh
I also applied for pharmacy too ! Thinking of Catered hall but I am struggling about the fixed meal time...
I had considered BGP before but many said the connection is ****ed ..

Original post by chibichibi_xx
YES SIGN ME UP. (I'm Anonymous #1 - I just keep forgetting to untick the box).

Do you both have snapchat/instagram? I was thinking I could make one on there with just us 3 and then as we find more people, we could add them in? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending