The Student Room Group

Help on a levels!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,Im currently in Year 11 (school is closed due to Covid-19) and i need to choose my a levels, but im kind of stuck.I dont really know what i want to study at university nor what career path to take, so its a bit difficult. Im stuck between;
-Forensic Science & Psychology
- Health and Social Care BTEC & Travel and Tourism
- Child Development & Sociology.

It would also be helpful if you could provide brief summery of each subjects and whats in each course. Thank youuu
(edited 4 years ago)
If you're not sure what you want to do yet, I'd take subjects that you enjoy or that you're good at. For forensic science, maybe consider taking some science-related subjects like biology or chemistry :smile:
Maths Physics Chemistry will allow you to do any course
Psychology chemistry and biology will keep your options open and be suitable for forensic science, or you can swap biology for an essay based subject like geography
I considered forensics at one point, but found out it’s very popular and there’s just very little opportunities post university. But it’s a very interesting subject!

I eventually worked my way into medical device research and development and studied mechanical engineering. But you can also study sports science, biomechanical or medical engineering to go down this route.

The main driver for me is the work we do positively effects people lives with the new technology and devices we collectively create. This has been more important as I’ve got older and day-to-day life turns into a little bit of a grind. It keeps work exciting and fun.

The A-Level options are usually biology, physics, and math, but I think a university would only be strict on two of three choices, allowing you to select a third yourself. You’d have to look at the courses on the university website.

If you’re able to be dropped off and picked up, or commute relatively easily, in West Yorkshire for a week, I can put you into contact with a weeks work experience with a medical device R&D company. Pm me if interested.

Hope this helped!
Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know more about
Chris
Original post by ConfuffledChild
Hi all,Im currently in Year 11 (school is closed due to Covid-19) and i need to choose my a levels, but im kind of stuck.I dont really know what i want to study at university nor what career path to take, so its a bit difficult. Im stuck between;
-Forensic Science & Psychology
- Health and Social Care BTEC & Travel and Tourism
- Child Development & Sociology.

It would also be helpful if you could provide brief summery of each subjects and whats in each course. Thank youuu

Most schools have already asked students to do this months ago.

I would use this website: https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/courses

It will tell you more about what each course involves and what A level choices might lead to.

Quick Reply

Latest