The Student Room Group

English lit poetry question

Anyone bored enough to come up with a few ideas for me on this following question and how to start the paragraphs: Compare how the effects of conflict are presented in 'Poppies' and one other poem from 'Power and Conflict'. Thank you to everyone in advance 😊 xoxo
Lol this is right up my alley. What poem are you choosing in power and conflict?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
I don't really know yet, which poem do you suggest?
Original post by Lol83
I don't really know yet, which poem do you suggest?

Which exam board are you doing? Cause l don't want to assume and suggest a poem that isn't in the anthology :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by theprettyrainbow
Which exam board are you doing? Cause l don't want to assume and suggest a poem that isn't in the anthology :biggrin:

aqa
Oh wow l just found a good resource for your anthology with annotated notes and context.
http://thebicesterschool.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Poetry-Support-Booklet.pdf
It would be good to compare poppies with War photographer cause both are about war!
Reply 7
Original post by theprettyrainbow
It would be good to compare poppies with War photographer cause both are about war!

thanks, could you suggest any paragraph starters xx
You could say for example "Both War Photographer and Poppies highlight how devastating and emotionally challenging conflicts can be." Or "Both War Photographer and Poppies propagate the idea of the fragility of life as a result of conflict". Two different ways to look at it and it does not only have to be similarities either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending