The Student Room Group

Student loan

My first year as an undergraduate will end around july and will go to my second year undergraduate in my uni on september 2020. When do i have to apply for maintenance loan and tuition loan? Also is the option continiuing full time student when sending application form?
Thanks!
Hi there,
The deadline to submit your reapplication for student finance is around June 22nd :smile: and yes, you would say that you are a continuing full time student.

^Rose
Attachment not found
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Is this applied to other unis too then since I am in exeter uni?
Reply 4
Also do I have to always apply for maintenance loan, tuition loan each year?
Original post by zulhaq345
Also do I have to always apply for maintenance loan, tuition loan each year?

Undergraduate student finance is organised nationally so yes, you will probably need to go through this process at Exeter.

And yes, you usually have to reapply to Student Finance every year - this is to let them know that you are continuing with your course and also that your financial circumstances haven't changed since your last application (so that you are still entitled to the same level of loan/maintenance).

There's a separate Ask Student Finance thread here on TSR that you might find helpful: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910. Your university's finance or student support office should also be able to help!

Amy :smile:
Reply 6
Can I apply right now even though last payment of my maintenance loan is in process from last year and if I'm an EU student?
Can I apply right now even though last payment of my maintenance loan is in process from last year and if I'm an EU student?

Unfortunately you will have to wait until you have received your final instalment of loan before you can apply for next year's finance :smile:

- Rose
Reply 8
Thank you once its arrived, woud i be able to apply online for student finance online or i have to send an application form via post office?
Thank you once its arrived, woud i be able to apply online for student finance online or i have to send an application form via post office?

Hi, as an EU student you should apply on a paper application form https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms
Thanks, Isaac.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending