The Student Room Group

Psychology

Does anyone know about the theories of Sigmund Freud ? If you do what are your views on it ?
Not science. Not psychology. not evidence based. To summarise, BS.
Reply 2
Original post by Noodlzzz
Not science. Not psychology. not evidence based. To summarise, BS

I think there is evidence in his theory and if you think about it , it actually does makes sense.
Original post by Poorabi
I think there is evidence in his theory and if you think about it , it actually does makes sense.

Please reference these claims. I bet you can’t :colone:
Reply 4
Original post by Noodlzzz
Please reference these claims. I bet you can’t :colone:

Oedipus complex: Between the ages of three and five, Freud suggested that as a normal part of the development process all kids are sexually attracted to the parent of the opposite sex and in competition with the parent of the same sex. The theory is named after the Greek legend of Oedipus, who killed his father so he could marry his mother.
An evidence to this can be taken as infants we see lots of funny videos about how infants get jealous of their same sex parent when they do a romantic gesture with the opposite sex parent of the infant.
Original post by Poorabi
Oedipus complex: Between the ages of three and five, Freud suggested that as a normal part of the development process all kids are sexually attracted to the parent of the opposite sex and in competition with the parent of the same sex. The theory is named after the Greek legend of Oedipus, who killed his father so he could marry his mother.
An evidence to this can be taken as infants we see lots of funny videos about how infants get jealous of their same sex parent when they do a romantic gesture with the opposite sex parent of the infant.

Yes I am well aware of the theory, I asked you to provide citations in the form of journal articles etc. backing up such claims
Please provide a credible source for the evidence you gave
Some of his theories are somewhat credible, as the Oedipus complex does sightly relate to the actions of infants but the idea that these actions are motivated from a romantic perspective is pretty absurd.
Reply 7
Original post by Poorabi

I’m asexual.

Also my mother was an alcoholic that made me uncomfortable.

And I may be Biromantic.

Freud was full of sh*t.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending