The Student Room Group

the lockdown needs to end asap, i can't stand it anymore, and i'm going ****ing crazy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
they offer anon chats with counselors if you need one

Nah I’m good
Reply 61
Try living in a hospital for 7 + months with only visitors, patients and staff for company in a scary place. People shouting, don’t know who to trust, afraid of getting hit.
Original post by Ciel.
initially, i was actually pretty supportive of the whole idea. but now? it's a neverending nightmare. at this point i'd rather die of corona than live under this ****ing house arrest stuck with my boyfriend. 24/7. i mean it. 2 days ago our neighbour called the police on us again. it's not healthy to spend so much time around 1 person.

at first things were remotely okay. now they're not. we're both sick of it. he's been drinking every night since the whole thing started. i'm on a freaking triple dose of valium on most days just to cope with everything as well. we fight all the time. he accidentally hurt me a couple days ago, which made my issues even worse. hell, my hair's been falling out like crazy due to the constant stress. my bf isnt the same person anymore. and neither am i. this whole thing is driving us insane.
when will the lockdown end? what do you think?

Well you have obviously never experienced hardships in your life. You are not being asked to do anything, you are in fact being asked to do nothing. Get a grip.
Original post by VONLIBEN
Well you have obviously never experienced hardships in your life. You are not being asked to do anything, you are in fact being asked to do nothing. Get a grip.

The psychological impact of no routine, no social interaction with others - it can have a profound impact on life, think of those who have to spend lockdown with an abusive partner, the danger they are in.
Original post by Greywolftwo
The psychological impact of no routine, no social interaction with others - it can have a profound impact on life, think of those who have to spend lockdown with an abusive partner, the danger they are in.

"The psychological impact of no routine, no social interaction with others - it can have a profound impact on life". That is my life and has been for literally 5 years.
"The psychological impact of no routine, no social interaction with others - it can have a profound impact on life". That is my life and has been for literally 5 years.

Presumably you have friends to speak to or a family to comfort you. I have none of that.
Original post by Lostx
Try living in a hospital for 7 + months with only visitors, patients and staff for company in a scary place. People shouting, don’t know who to trust, afraid of getting hit.

Presumably you have friends to speak to or a family to comfort you. I have none of that.

Respectfully I don't think this thread should be about one up man ship, just because other people have it worse doesn't mean OP isn't valid to feel what they feel :smile: everyone is in this together and we should be supporting one another not pushing each other apart :yes:
I was sorry to read this, @Ciel. I know you have a rather volatile relationship with your bf, and your neighbour seems to have a hotline to the police, but it must be stretching things to breaking point having to spend so much time with each other. For both of you, I mean. Do you try to stay out of each other's way for as long as possible? Do your living arrangements allow for that, even to a limited extent?
Original post by CoolCavy
Respectfully I don't think this thread should be about one up man ship, just because other people have it worse doesn't mean OP isn't valid to feel what they feel :smile: everyone is in this together and we should be supporting one another not pushing each other apart :yes:

PRSOM
Original post by Ciel.
initially, i was actually pretty supportive of the whole idea. but now? it's a neverending nightmare. at this point i'd rather die of corona than live under this ****ing house arrest stuck with my boyfriend. 24/7. i mean it. 2 days ago our neighbour called the police on us again. it's not healthy to spend so much time around 1 person.

at first things were remotely okay. now they're not. we're both sick of it. he's been drinking every night since the whole thing started. i'm on a freaking triple dose of valium on most days just to cope with everything as well. we fight all the time. he accidentally hurt me a couple days ago, which made my issues even worse. hell, my hair's been falling out like crazy due to the constant stress. my bf isnt the same person anymore. and neither am i. this whole thing is driving us insane.
when will the lockdown end? what do you think?

I reckon the lockdown will carry on for at least another month. Even then I think there'll be restrictions, for example continued working from home if possible.

Why has your neighbour been calling the police on you?

How did your boyfriend hurt you?

Rather than waiting out the end of it you'll need at ways to make living with you boyfriend more bareable... Creating a routine for each day that includes keeping out of each others way where possible, allocation of tasks that need to be done, etc. You need to sit down with your boyfriend and gameplan it all.
Reply 70
Original post by Wired_1800
About 2 weeks.

it might continue a lot longer than that. This is guess based on hope atm.
Original post by ANM775
it might continue a lot longer than that. This is guess based on hope atm.

Alright. I hope not though.
I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time, the lack of routine is driving me crazy. My sleep schedule is awful (sleep at 5am late so its actually really bad) and then decided that I need to get my **** together, so now I am trying to actually be productive and study but I have ended up here again. What is really helping is being able to go out for a run or cycle, I would talk to a friend or anyone to see if I can move in with them since you said that you are not on good terms with them. Either way, I'm super worried about my place in university since I am already on gap year there is no way in hell that I am going to have to take out another year because of all of this. Guys I'm just spreading the word for anyone who is studying A level-tailored tutors are having a live every single day (except saturday and sunday) for each subject for year 12 and 13 students. Its free so don't worry about the fee, I've been checking them out and its actually useful. Don't hesistate to chat or dm me if it gets too stressful at times.
Original post by Ciel.
what a *****. no offence but she sounds like she has issues. find new friends. maybe in the art community, you're into drawing, right?

I'm surprised she isn't helping you get the help.
Have a discussion and make a goal and list the steps to achieve it.
Reply 74

Of your own making, hardly the same thing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Greywolftwo
I asked her how long she said ‘yes sorry, it should be for a while’ for a girl that could be months, she was literally my best friend ever and one of my only friends. Then later she said ‘it’s best for both of us, I’m not going to say anything more’

I'm sorry you fell out with your friend but the best thing you can do now is to give her some space. Don't contact her at all, let her calm down in her own time and wait for her to reach out to you even if that takes weeks/months.
Original post by harrysbar
I'm sorry you fell out with your friend but the best thing you can do now is to give her some space. Don't contact her at all, let her calm down in her own time and wait for her to reach out to you even if that takes weeks/months.

It wasn’t really a falling out, she said she wasn’t angry at all she just didn’t want to talk all the time about my problems
Thread's a bit of a trainwreck...
Original post by Bio 7
Of yorr own making, hardly the same thing.

Not sure me being born with a disability leaving me in a wheel chair unable to speak properly is of my own making.
Reply 79
Not sure me being born with a disability leaving me in a wheel chair unable to speak properly is of my own making.

How am I meant to know that?

However there are people that play sports with disabilities so it's not impossible to live an active life and be outside. I can only speak on the information I have available.

Quick Reply

Latest