The Student Room Group

the lockdown needs to end asap, i can't stand it anymore, and i'm going ****ing crazy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bio 7
How am I meant to know that?

However there are people that play sports with disabilities so it's not impossible to live an active life and be outside. I can only speak on the information I have available.

Yes exactly, how were you meant to know that. Why did you presume in the first place that it was of my own making.
Reply 81
Original post by Lostx
Try living in a hospital for 7 + months with only visitors, patients and staff for company in a scary place. People shouting, don’t know who to trust, afraid of getting hit.

how about... try getting tortured by a perverted psychopath, in a basement, knowing that no one can hear you, and no help is coming. ever. they'd love to trade places with you, i'm sure. my point is = someone ALWAYS has it worse than you. except like 1 freaking person.

Original post by VONLIBEN
Well you have obviously never experienced hardships in your life. You are not being asked to do anything, you are in fact being asked to do nothing. Get a grip.

see my post above
"The psychological impact of no routine, no social interaction with others - it can have a profound impact on life". That is my life and has been for literally 5 years.

then find friends, and a lover.
Original post by Reality Check
I was sorry to read this, @Ciel. I know you have a rather volatile relationship with your bf, and your neighbour seems to have a hotline to the police, but it must be stretching things to breaking point having to spend so much time with each other. For both of you, I mean. Do you try to stay out of each other's way for as long as possible? Do your living arrangements allow for that, even to a limited extent?

yeah, and we try to, during the day (he's usually busy working anyway). evenings are the worst, lol. when he gets drunk he's like a different person. he always gets mad at me, even over trivial things, and brings up my past mistakes.
Original post by Toki the Dumdum
I reckon the lockdown will carry on for at least another month. Even then I think there'll be restrictions, for example continued working from home if possible.

Why has your neighbour been calling the police on you?

How did your boyfriend hurt you?

Rather than waiting out the end of it you'll need at ways to make living with you boyfriend more bareable... Creating a routine for each day that includes keeping out of each others way where possible, allocation of tasks that need to be done, etc. You need to sit down with your boyfriend and gameplan it all.

because we're loud, i guess. we shout a lot when we argue. occasionally break things. the dog doesn't know what's going on, starts barking etc. our neighbour always tells them that he "believes he's overhearing domestic violence" when in reality it's just the shouting that annoys him. but otherwise they wouldn't bother. he's an ******* with no life, so he keeps meddling into ours.
we'll try to..
Original post by LadyScheherazade
I'm sorry that you are having such a rough time, the lack of routine is driving me crazy. My sleep schedule is awful (sleep at 5am late so its actually really bad) and then decided that I need to get my **** together, so now I am trying to actually be productive and study but I have ended up here again. What is really helping is being able to go out for a run or cycle, I would talk to a friend or anyone to see if I can move in with them since you said that you are not on good terms with them. Either way, I'm super worried about my place in university since I am already on gap year there is no way in hell that I am going to have to take out another year because of all of this. Guys I'm just spreading the word for anyone who is studying A level-tailored tutors are having a live every single day (except saturday and sunday) for each subject for year 12 and 13 students. Its free so don't worry about the fee, I've been checking them out and its actually useful. Don't hesistate to chat or dm me if it gets too stressful at times.

aww. my sleep schedule is pretty bad, too, despite me being on sleep meds! i think it's stress, in your case too. hope things get better for you soon.
Reply 82
Yes exactly, how were you meant to know that. Why did you presume in the first place that it was of my own making.

Because fhere are many people, including myself, that that is true for. And unless it is highly severe then it probably is. Human determination can do a lot.
Original post by Greywolftwo
It wasn’t really a falling out, she said she wasn’t angry at all she just didn’t want to talk all the time about my problems

Although it does suck to be on the receiving end of this you need to remember that your friends aren't medically trained and they may not always be the best people to go to when looking for mental health support. They have their own lives as well and supporting someone constantly can become draining and impact on their mental health. She sounds like she cares about you she's just not in the correct place to support you and therefore wants you to seek professional help, not because she doesnt like you but because it is what's best for both of you.
Original post by CoolCavy
Although it does suck to be on the receiving end of this you need to remember that your friends aren't medically trained and they may not always be the best people to go to when looking for mental health support. They have their own lives as well and supporting someone constantly can become draining and impact on their mental health. She sounds like she cares about you she's just not in the correct place to support you and therefore wants you to seek professional help, not because she doesnt like you but because it is what's best for both of you.

Yes, that’s exactly it! It’s what I’ve been trying to say but couldn’t exactly type it on here
Reply 85
Original post by Gluecagone
Thread's a bit of a trainwreck...

lol

my anxiety is out of control, too. and i take valium basically every day. i honestly can't imagine how can anyone cope without it.
It wasn’t really a falling out, she said she wasn’t angry at all she just didn’t want to talk all the time about my problems

I have to be honest and say that it can be mentally draining trying to support friends who want to talk a lot about their problems. It doesn't mean you don't like them anymore if you need a break from them from time to time, so I reiterate my previous suggestion to not try to get into contact with her while she is feeling this way and hopefully she will want to talk again when she is in a better place herself.
Original post by harrysbar
I have to be honest and say that it can be mentally draining trying to support friends who want to talk a lot about their problems. It doesn't mean you don't like them anymore if you need a break from them from time to time, so I reiterate my previous suggestion to not try to get into contact with her while she is feeling this way and hopefully she will want to talk again when she is in a better place herself.

Yeah I get that, she’s told me before that it can be really draining but she’s still always offered to talk to me. Although now I don’t have anyone to talk to for the next few months
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by Anonymous
I wrote a questions on tsr but didn't get to submit it. yesterday I felt freaking suicidal. I h8 my dad and my ugly *****y sister. I'm not being fed properly rn and i've been threatened to be kicked out the house. Honestly I wanna die from corona. I', never speaking to my dad again, nor my sister. My dad is fucing abusive. He punched my face and threw a table at my head yesterday. My *****y sister was being a ***** and hurting me by calling me a failure for taking another gap yr. I told her she can go be a dentist and bend for her patients. honestly I h8 staying with them this long. Just want them to **** off and go **** themselves.

ugh, sounds rough. can't you like at least put a lock on your bedroom door? i imagine moving out just isn't possible atm
Original post by Ciel.
ugh, sounds rough. can't you like at least put a lock on your bedroom door? i imagine moving out just isn't possible atm

I dont have a lock on my door. Literally I think prison is no different rn except I'm constatnly harrassed. I'm 19. My phone was taken from me yesterday, I took this laptop without anyone knowing. I am not being fed. only weetabix and fruit. I take food at night. What do i do?
Reply 90
oh, i know they do. i was on citalopram once. for a very short time. it freaking made my psychotic. xanax is only good for like, panic attacks. it has a very short half life. valium is better for like constant anxiety.
Reply 91
I dont have a lock on my door. Literally I think prison is no different rn except I'm constatnly harrassed. I'm 19. My phone was taken from me yesterday, I took this laptop without anyone knowing. I am not being fed. only weetabix and fruit. I take food at night. What do i do?

contact the police? get a job? find a lover willing to financially support you?
Original post by Ciel.
contact the police? get a job? find a lover willing to financially support you?

I'm 19. I dont know what to do. If i get kicked is there any way i can survive. Do i need to beg on the streets? I just want my own house and car and want to disappear from them forever. Honestly I've built up so much hate for my dad and sister.
Reply 93
I'm 19. I dont know what to do. If i get kicked is there any way i can survive. Do i need to beg on the streets? I just want my own house and car and want to disappear from them forever. Honestly I've built up so much hate for my dad and sister

beg on the streets? good luck with that when there's no one around thanks to corona. you only have 3 options, like i said. either stay with them, get a job, or get a wealthy lover.
Original post by Ciel.
beg on the streets? good luck with that when there's no one around thanks to corona. you only have 3 options, like i said. either stay with them, get a job, or get a wealthy lover.

or ****ing die
Reply 95
or ****ing die

well, it's your life.
The psychological impact of no routine, no social interaction with others - it can have a profound impact on life, think of those who have to spend lockdown with an abusive partner, the danger they are in.

You can still have a routine - exercise, go on a walk, learn a new skill or hobby, grocery shopping, cooking etc.

And you can have social interaction by video calling friends and family
Buy a play station with fifa, GTA and ps plus and you and your partner should be sorted.
Yeah I do feel mega depressed every day to be honest.
Original post by Kirkhamm
You can still have a routine - exercise, go on a walk, learn a new skill or hobby, grocery shopping, cooking etc.

And you can have social interaction by video calling friends and family

I can’t do video chats, my anxiety won’t allow it

Quick Reply