The Student Room Group

Senior physics challenge 2020

How many questions do you guys trying to get into SPC have on isaac? . They say it was 200 attempted last year.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think it read it slightly wrong , I Believe it was 200 questions in maths and 200 questions in physics separately. and it needs to be level 3 or above in mortal is sic phyics so I’m not sure if the extra ordinary questions count. But they prob do.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm on around 300 as well with 400 attempted. Similar split between maths and physics but without any extraordinaries done. A friend of mine emailed to ask if they mean 200 in each maths and 200 in physics and apparently they didn't but I still think you need waayy more than that to get in.
Yeah, has anyone contacted them to ask if it is still on?

They’re saying the peak current infected of the pandemic is around exam time so they had to cancel them right?. A-levels and GCSES are around May and June. The residential is from June 29th - 2nd July. Straight after the exams pretty much. So surely this can’t happen, at least at the given date? If it’s delayed till after Christmas then I can’t put this on my personal statement for university either :/
I’ve just hit 400 rly hope it’s not cancelled
Reply 5
Original post by Luke71626
I’ve just hit 400 rly hope it’s not cancelled

does that include level 1/2's or just level 3 and above?
Original post by Y1M
does that include level 1/2's or just level 3 and above?

3 and above
Reply 7
3 and above

How many 5/6's have you done?
3 and above

Original post by Y1M
How many 5/6's have you done?

51 lvl 6, 89 lvl 5
Hi, does anyone know whether the master mathematics boards (as accessed from the a level resources) count towards the SPC?
How did everyone do in the end??
I’ve done 369qs, with 57 level 6s, 83 level 5s - idk if that’s enough though :/
also wonder if they will cancel or postpone...
Reply 11
Original post by Kimberley086

I ended up with 32 Lv6, 101 Lv5, 136Lv4, 108Lv3. Thats a total of 377. I actually completely forgot about the deadline lol.

I ended up with 411 overall with 52 in lv 6, 92 in lv 5, 153 in lv 4, 114 in lv 3
Just checked the website, apparently it’s gonna be a live event for the same week. Good luck everyone!
Just checked the website, apparently it’s gonna be a live event for the same week. Good luck everyone!

srry if im being dumb, but what does that mean specifically? A live event?
Maybe like online lectures or something
yeah it could mean either right? kinda confusing... And you guys have done so many?! I just did like 230 questions :frown:
*hopefully* we’re all overestimating how much we needed haha that would be so good
I wish we knew though I have no clue :/
Hey, I finished with 385 done: 25 level 6, 78 level 5, 145 level 4, 130 level 3 and a few extraordinaries. Not as many as others but hopefully enough. I'm not really sure what live event means either, but online seems more likely.
still waiting :/

Quick Reply

Latest