The Student Room Group

Oxford PGCE 2020 applicants

Hey, so I had my interview 2 weeks ago and they said they'd get back to us within two weeks and they haven't yet so I'm panicking. Anyone else had an interview or a response?

Also who else has applied? What subject are you applying for?
Hi there,I hope you have gotten your response! Mine took quite a while as well. I got accepted for English! Which college are you looking at?
Original post by Elisalein
Hi there,I hope you have gotten your response! Mine took quite a while as well. I got accepted for English! Which college are you looking at?

Congrats! I got rejected, but I got accepted by Cambridge so I'm not too disappointed. I'm an English PGCE student too though. What college have you chosen?
Hi guys - I have been offered to interview with Oxford to study PGCE Biology. Do you have any advice for the interviews? The written task seems slightly off putting as we do not know the subject topic until we arrive!! Congrats on getting your places!!!
Reply 4
Hi everyone - I accepted my place on the PGCE English course a few weeks ago. Just waiting to hear back from college now. Has anyone had their college place confirmed yet? Look forward to meeting you all in September! :smile:
Original post by AGR96
Hi everyone - I accepted my place on the PGCE English course a few weeks ago. Just waiting to hear back from college now. Has anyone had their college place confirmed yet? Look forward to meeting you all in September! :smile:

Congrats, I've also accepted for English and confirmed my place at New College!
Have you heard back yet? Also, what are you guys thinking accommodation-wise?
Reply 6
Hi Everyone! I’ve been offered a place at Oxford to read Secondary English for PGCE and wondered who else had? I’ve been accepted by Harris Manchester College too. Would be nice to try get some sort of group together perhaps?
Reply 7
Original post by AGR96

hey! I'm doing PGCE French and I'm in St Stephens! anybody else?? Looking forward to meeting you all!
Original post by jeangenie
Congrats, I've also accepted for English and confirmed my place at New College!
Have you heard back yet? Also, what are you guys thinking accommodation-wise?

Original post by AGR96

Hello! I accepted my offer for History at Lady Margaret Hall almost two months ago. Just waiting to hear back from college accommodation, does anyone know approximately when colleges send the offers? Can't wait to meet everyone!
Reply 9
Hi! Accepted my offer for chemistry, will be at Linacre college 🤗
Hi! I accepted an offer to read for the Secondary MFL PGCE and my college will be Lady Margaret Hall. Really looking forward to meeting everyone! Have any of you received your reading lists yet?
Reply 11
Original post by innermonologue
Hi! I accepted an offer to read for the Secondary MFL PGCE and my college will be Lady Margaret Hall. Really looking forward to meeting everyone! Have any of you received your reading lists yet?

Hi!
No I haven’t received anything :frown: from what I understood, we were supposed to get reading/work before Easter. Has anyone heard similar?
I emailed & got a reply to say they're working on digitising admin items including reading lists & they should be in our inboxes soon. (I think they usually send paper packs out - this is a change of process due to lockdown). Fingers crossed we won't have to wait much longer.
Hi, just been offered a place on the Bio PGCE course at Oxford!

Just wondering how people found their courses? Specifically placement commutes - I don't have a car and was wondering what transport times look like for those using public transport?

Thanks,

Jamie
Original post by JReyes93
Hi, just been offered a place on the Bio PGCE course at Oxford!

Just wondering how people found their courses? Specifically placement commutes - I don't have a car and was wondering what transport times look like for those using public transport?

Thanks,

Jamie

I'm not a current student but also had an offer for Biology at Oxford for next year. Hopefully there's a chance to set up some sort of facebook group chat for those starting next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending