The Student Room Group

GAMSAT 2021 / 2022 entry discussions megathread

Here is the GAMSAT 2018 / 2019 thread (discussion of tests taken in 2018 and 2019)

Important: read this first https://gamsat.acer.org/

This thread is for the discussion of the follow GAMSAT sittings:

March 2020

September 2020

March 2021

September 2021

To apply in 2020 for a program commencing in 2021 ONLY the following GAMSAT results can be used: March 2019 and September 2019, March 2020 and September 2020

To apply in 2021 for a program commencing in 2022 ONLY the following GAMSAT results can be used: March 2020 and September 2020, March 2021 and September 2021

For GAMSAT March 2022 onwards, use this thread: GAMSAT 2023 / 2024 entry discussions megathread - The Student Room

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there, I’ll be sitting this exam soon. I would appreciate any help, tips and advice that anyone can give me. Thank you.
I assume you'll be sitting it in September, not May ?

Unfortunately, I don't have any good tips except start revising now and stick to your usual revision process
Hi!

I am going to be doing my GAMSAT test this September and have no idea where to get my revision materials from? I saw Des O'Neill's books but they are sooooo expensive on eBay. Also the Gold books.

How did you guys revise for the exam? I need to start my revision as soon as possible and have no idea where to start from.
I'm looking at sitting the GAMSAT exam next September but I have no science background, i.e didnt take science a levels and I'm doing a humanities degree atm.

I've already revised a bit of A-level chem, bio and phys stuff for a basic understanding..but for science minded people or those in my position, where the hell should I start?

All advice welcome. On track for a first in my degree and had AAA at A-level.

Thanks!!!
Reply 5
Is there anyone else doing GAMSAT this May?
Reply 6
Original post by missy_o
Is there anyone else doing GAMSAT this May?

Best to post in here because that's where all the candidates hang out!

Original post by billyjoel245
I'm looking at sitting the GAMSAT exam next September but I have no science background, i.e didnt take science a levels and I'm doing a humanities degree atm.

I've already revised a bit of A-level chem, bio and phys stuff for a basic understanding..but for science minded people or those in my position, where the hell should I start?

All advice welcome. On track for a first in my degree and had AAA at A-level.

Thanks!!!

Getting a good understanding of the basics is probably the main thing I think, so working your way through A level materials will be really useful. Although it is the "science section", the official title is something like "reasoning in biological and physical sciences", and I think that's something worth keeping in mind - it's not really a knowledge test, more of a problem solving test based around these subjects. Being familiar with a lot of the basic concepts will give you some confidence in being able to tackle the problems, so just keep going!
amazing, thank you! I'm working my way through the a level textbooks and then fingers crossed when I buy the official material it wont seem alien to me :smile:
Hey!

I am probably going to be doing my GAMSAT test this March and I am just stuck as to which is the best study material. I have Des o neil's book with acers test papers. When I look at the amount of I have to do for the science section(btw I am from a non-science background, I am on my second year of LLB) it gets me extremely stressed. It is just toooo much to cover.

Can someone tell me any alternatives or how to quick study through the science stuff?
Does anybody know when registration for the September sitting of the UK GAMSAT opens? Can't seem to find any recent/new information, since before the Coronavirus situation arose. Thanks in advance.
Original post by BadgerboyJC
Does anybody know when registration for the September sitting of the UK GAMSAT opens? Can't seem to find any recent/new information, since before the Coronavirus situation arose. Thanks in advance.

Should be mid-May 2020 until July 20, or July 30 if you pay the late fee :smile:

https://gamsat.acer.org/register/september-sitting
Does anyone know the total number of people who sit the GAMSAT, interview, then get a place at medical school?
Is it worth doing the GAMSAT or should I just do the UKCAT? I'm unsure if to bother with the GAMSAT as it is a lot more work than the UKCAT and I'm unsure if it is worth it. It seems like it is harder to get good marks in the GAMSAT. Any opinions or advice?
I am so completely overwhelmed about where to start studying for the GAMSAT! I am currently in my 2nd year of a sport sciences degree with a biology a-level. I plan to apply in around 2022/23.

Any advice? I've been thinking about tutors etc but can't seem to find any with good reputations and also any materials? I've been able to find loads for the UCAT but the GAMSAT is a completely different story!
Heyyya! I am in the same boat as u. Try to find the topics which u need to revise for first. And then spend a month or 2 learning all the basic knowledge of all the sciences( don't forget physics). Once u know the basic sciences which will take u very long time, go on to doing lots and lots of practice. Use des o neils. I have heard they r very good. If u need any help feel free to message me. I am planning to do mine as soon as I do my Ucat test this summer. Dont want to overwhelm myself with ucat, uni work and gamsat. I will be sitting the march test hopefully.
does anyone have any resources/websites that are good for gamsat prep? thank you x
Original post by roseprincessx
does anyone have any resources/websites that are good for gamsat prep? thank you x

Read the above and also last years' thread, linked in the first post.

Also, there may be some discussion in the GEM 2021 thread too.

Hey guys has anyone use the online course offered by the gold standard. It’s the cheapest one I’ve found at £59 but I’m not sure I want to spent that much on something that may not be all that great. Anyone used any? I am already using a level books etc
Original post by Willrobert1998
Hey guys has anyone use the online course offered by the gold standard. It’s the cheapest one I’ve found at £59 but I’m not sure I want to spent that much on something that may not be all that great. Anyone used any? I am already using a level books etc

Read the above and also last year's thread, linked in the first post.

Latest

Trending

Trending