The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

bristol uwe paramedic science offer

just got offered a place at Bristol uwe to study paramedic science starting February 2021 and wondered if anyone who else got offered a place (:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heya, I just got an offer for uwe Bristol to study Paramedic Science in feb 2021, Never been so happy 😂😊😊
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
I got declined :;
Reply 3
Original post by ak20022
I got declined :;

Ohh no :frown: I’m really sorry to hear that, have you applied to any other universities? Xx
Got offered a place at UWE a few days ago! Have you accepted?
Original post by foster.retsof
just got offered a place at Bristol uwe to study paramedic science starting February 2021 and wondered if anyone who else got offered a place (:

Hey, I have accepted a place at UWE to study paramedic science for the February intake 2021, very happy :smile:
Original post by foster.retsof

My daughter has received an unconditional offer for sept 2021
Original post by 5thchild
My daughter has received an unconditional offer for sept 2021

I'm also looking to get on the Sept 2021 batch. Any advice for applying? Finishing up my personal statement now and looking to send it within the next few days.
Original post by McRunfast
I'm also looking to get on the Sept 2021 batch. Any advice for applying? Finishing up my personal statement now and looking to send it within the next few days.

Hi, just make sure you’ve got all the criteria required with grades, experience and a very strong PS. If you get an interview just be yourself, relax and enjoy speaking to the interviewer because it’s a 1-2-1 and my daughters favourite interview so far
Hi, just make sure you’ve got all the criteria required with grades, experience and a very strong PS. If you get an interview just be yourself, relax and enjoy speaking to the interviewer because it’s a 1-2-1 and my daughters favourite interview so far

The PS is really my weak point at the minute. I've got the grades and 1 yrs care home experience but its been 2 years since I did a piece of structured english and I doubt my school will be of any help. Were there any websites in particular you could recommend?

Thanks
The PS is really my weak point at the minute. I've got the grades and 1 yrs care home experience but its been 2 years since I did a piece of structured english and I doubt my school will be of any help. Were there any websites in particular you could recommend?

Thanks

Google paramedic statements and there are 4 from TSR which is a good indication of how to set out your PS
Reply 11

Hi, I would say the best advice I have is to make sure you have a strong personal statement, plenty of experience e.g volunteering, work experience, volunteering with saint johns and just be yourself, honestly the interview process for me was very relaxed and was my best interview. Good luck 🤞🏼💚
Original post by NMGH
Hi, I would say the best advice I have is to make sure you have a strong personal statement, plenty of experience e.g volunteering, work experience, volunteering with saint johns and just be yourself, honestly the interview process for me was very relaxed and was my best interview. Good luck 🤞🏼💚

Are you in the sept 2021 or Feb 2022 cohort?
Reply 13
Are you in the sept 2021 or Feb 2022 cohort?

I’m in the feb 2021 cohort I’ll be going to uni in a months time xx
Original post by NMGH
I’m in the feb 2021 cohort I’ll be going to uni in a months time xx

Oh exciting times. My daughter is going sept 2021
Original post by NMGH
Heya, I just got an offer for uwe Bristol to study Paramedic Science in feb 2021, Never been so happy 😂😊😊

Did you do a EPQ? I'm debating wether to drop mine as it is not related to NHS or medicine in anyway and i don't know if its necessary? Is it needed?????
Reply 16

Thanks

You might have already seen it, but Herts have published a really good guide on what their looking for in a paramedic sciences statement. Found it really helpful in the early stages of structuring my statement (though I guess we'll see if it's any good).
If you can get your hands on it, there's a book called The Student Paramedic Survival Guide by Amanda Blaber which has a lot of information and opinions from student paramedics and teaching staff that might help inform your statement and what are important things to think about.
https://www.herts.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/200777/Paramedic.pdf
Reply 17
Original post by Anniemc18
Got offered a place at UWE a few days ago! Have you accepted?

I've been offered an interview from them, did you have to do one? Please could you tell me what kind of questions came up for you if you did? (: tysm
Original post by thisig
I've been offered an interview from them, did you have to do one? Please could you tell me what kind of questions came up for you if you did? (: tysm

Everyone offered a post for paramedic science has to do an interview. It is 1-2-1 but questions can’t be divulged
Hey has anyone been offered a place on the February 2022 intake?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending