The Student Room Group

Directory: Questions answered by Universities Minister, Michelle Donelan

(edited 4 years ago)
Just tagging in everyone who posted in the forum. :smile:

If your question hasn't been answered by one of the above, we'll be continuing to work with the minister's team to get more answers as soon as we can.

Spoiler

Appreciate the effort despite the misunderstanding.
Original post by shirleytan1306
Appreciate the effort despite the misunderstanding.

Thank you, appreciate you saying. Take care. :smile:
What a pity no-one asked about the Communities and Local Government Secretary not following government advice.
Reply 5
I'm wondering whether our firm and insurance placements remain until after September resits if we wish to undergo the appeals process or can we only go through clearing before/after exams?
Will there be any form of flexibility in accepting students with grades below the required ones, due to the circumstances we're under?
Nothing about the impact on students mental health 😞
Original post by BlinkyBill
Just tagging in everyone who posted in the forum. :smile:

If your question hasn't been answered by one of the above, we'll be continuing to work with the minister's team to get more answers as soon as we can.

Spoiler

Hi,

Somewhat frustrating as Minister did not really answer the question about private candidates/ home school/ resists.
Goes on about if school has enough information et ~ if we were being educated at a school we won't be asking about private grading.

Looks like OFQUAL will be looking after the 95% of school taught students and the 5% that dont fall into that catogory will at best be an after thought in several months time.

If this is the case, then least tell us, not keep going about 'we know this is very stressful time' but we going not really going give you a straight answer, we will cut and paste a generic paragraph and quickly move on to another question😡
A great showing from the Universities Minister. I think embracing online platforms like this is a great way to connect with students somewhat.
Reply 11
Would the no detriment policy apply to me If I have been given extra time to complete assignments due to Extenuating circumstances?
Original post by Sarahraja
No regards to the question about bringing back the bursary?

Heya - we've got a few answered ones about bursaries. We've got them on our list to follow up and try and get an answer to. :smile:

Original post by DazzaHatty
Nothing about the impact on students mental health 😞

Heya - actually I don't know if I saw anyone asking the Minister questions about this. But incidentally, we're working on some stuff at the moment around student mental health (there's been a poll running to ask the community about it which has gotten 3,500 votes), and we're going to be putting together more threads and advice pieces. We've also got Papyrus online every weekday at the moment, a mental health charity, who are available to answer questions from students. :smile: There's also some helpful advice here. I hope that helps.

Original post by Richard 99
Hi,

Somewhat frustrating as Minister did not really answer the question about private candidates/ home school/ resists.
Goes on about if school has enough information et ~ if we were being educated at a school we won't be asking about private grading.

Looks like OFQUAL will be looking after the 95% of school taught students and the 5% that dont fall into that catogory will at best be an after thought in several months time.

If this is the case, then least tell us, not keep going about 'we know this is very stressful time' but we going not really going give you a straight answer, we will cut and paste a generic paragraph and quickly move on to another question😡

Sorry you didn't get all the information you were hoping for from the Minister. We're going to keep trying to get answers for you guys as this situation continues. We'll do our best. :smile:
Hi, my university has not yet released the exam timetable nor have they released a full statement of instructions and rules for how the exams are to be completed. Our exam period starts in two weeks, what is the latest time by which we should expect to receive this information?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending