The Student Room Group

Final Fantasy 7 Remake....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I fought airbuster today.

It's way harder than in the original.

I actually experienced a game over first time, and on the second attempt went through a heck of a lot of healing items and barely scraped through.
Reply 41
how do i get my pre-order chocobo chick summon materia??

@Ciel.
Original post by ANM775

@Ciel.

Did you pick up anything In the reactor before air buster? I’m trying not to make anything obvious for those that haven’t played it yet
Reply 43
Original post by sara.ads
Did you pick up anything In the reactor before air buster? I’m trying not to make anything obvious for those that haven’t played it yet

If you need to say anything which you feel is a spoiler, just put it in spoiler tags and then warn people.

As for picking anything up, no if you mean the chocobo chick materia? that's supposed to come free when you pre-order it
Reply 44
Original post by sara.ads

or are you talking about my previous post?

in that case..

Spoiler

Reply 45
Original post by ANM775

@Ciel.

hey, so you need to redeem your code first, from the ps store. then you need to download the materia, just go to ff remake on your home screen, select ps store (for the game specifically) and click on your add ons, download the materia. then start the game, once in the game pause it. choose system, and 'dlc' then you can add the materia
Reply 46
Original post by Ciel.
hey, so you need to redeem your code first, from the ps store. then you need to download the materia, just go to ff remake on your home screen, select ps store (for the game specifically) and click on your add ons, download the materia. then start the game, once in the game pause it. choose system, and 'dlc' then you can add the materia

This didn't work.

I managed to get it sorted though, thanks anyway....
Reply 47
Original post by ANM775
This didn't work.

I managed to get it sorted though, thanks anyway....

oh, strange. worked for me. what mode are you playing on? i picked normal at first but it was too difficult, lol. now i'm playing on classic?
Reply 48
Original post by Ciel.
oh, strange. worked for me. what mode are you playing on? i picked normal at first but it was too difficult, lol. now i'm playing on classic?

playing on normal.

The game is definitely more challenging than usual FF games. I found it challenging, but not too hard.

They got the balance just about right imo, although i can definitely see some gamers struggling a bit.

What part were you finding too hard?
I got my first game over ...

Spoiler

Reply 49
Original post by ANM775
playing on normal.

The game is definitely more challenging than usual FF games. I found it challenging, but not too hard.

They got the balance just about right imo, although i can definitely see some gamers struggling a bit.

What part were you finding too hard?
I got my first game over ...

Spoiler

lmfao i couldn't beat the damn scorpion thing - the main boss in mako reactor - in normal mode 😂 i mean, i wasn't exactly sober but still, i kinda suck at video games, but i still love them.
Reply 50
Original post by Ciel.
lmfao i couldn't beat the damn scorpion thing - the main boss in mako reactor - in normal mode 😂 i mean, i wasn't exactly sober but still, i kinda suck at video games, but i still love them.

it was definitely harder than the original ff7 one

here are some battle tips:

have at least one character with cure/healing materia [preferably 2] .. although at this stage i think you only have one cure materia.

observe the maximum amount of damage the boss is able to hit you for and remember it.
keep a close eye on health. use potions or cure materia when you are 2 or 3 hits from death.
don't wait for your health to get any lower because sometimes you won't have an atb gauge or you'll get stunned or something meaning you can't heal.
be sure to use L2 to switch characters at time [especially to heal]
the boss is weak against lightning, be sure to use this a lot or command barret to use it.
don't cast magic when the boss is attacking you as most likely it will interupt your cast, and you'll have lost the mp without having the spell hit.
make use of block and roll.
if you can get close enough, punisher mode does more damage than standard operator mode on this boss

also in general, for later enimies and bosses be sure to use access materia to get hints/tips on how to beat them. sometimes this is crutial. i think you get it from chadley after a certain sidemission

tripple slash is my favourite ability for cloud, it hits upto 3 enemies for decent damage.
equip barrier materia later too as this can half physical damage [and later magic damage], i think you get this from a side mission for chadly
keep a healthy supply of healing items too. i like to keep at least 10 hi potions, at least 30 potions, 8 phonix downs at least 8 ethers ...and a few other bits and bobs. if you can't afford it, just buy what you can but leave enough spare money so that if any new materia or stuff comes on the market you can definately afford it.

the AI isn't that great for controlled characters in this game. they don't exploit enemy weaknesses and they are very slow to heal you/them usually. be sure to interfere with L2 a LOT to rectify this. the AI in ff13 was much better imo.
Reply 51
Original post by ANM775
it was definitely harder than the original ff7 one

here are some battle tips:

have at least one character with cure/healing materia [preferably 2] .. although at this stage i think you only have one cure materia.

observe the maximum amount of damage the boss is able to hit you for and remember it.
keep a close eye on health. use potions or cure materia when you are 2 or 3 hits from death.
don't wait for your health to get any lower because sometimes you won't have an atb gauge or you'll get stunned or something meaning you can't heal.
be sure to use L2 to switch characters at time [especially to heal]
the boss is weak against lightning, be sure to use this a lot or command barret to use it.
don't cast magic when the boss is attacking you as most likely it will interupt your cast, and you'll have lost the mp without having the spell hit.
make use of block and roll.
if you can get close enough, punisher mode does more damage than standard operator mode on this boss

also in general, for later enimies and bosses be sure to use access materia to get hints/tips on how to beat them. sometimes this is crutial. i think you get it from chadley after a certain sidemission

tripple slash is my favourite ability for cloud, it hits upto 3 enemies for decent damage.
equip barrier materia later too as this can half physical damage [and later magic damage], i think you get this from a side mission for chadly
keep a healthy supply of healing items too. i like to keep at least 10 hi potions, at least 30 potions, 8 phonix downs at least 8 ethers ...and a few other bits and bobs. if you can't afford it, just buy what you can but leave enough spare money so that if any new materia or stuff comes on the market you can definately afford it.

the AI isn't that great for controlled characters in this game. they don't exploit enemy weaknesses and they are very slow to heal you/them usually. be sure to interfere with L2 a LOT to rectify this. the AI in ff13 was much better imo.

thanks!
Played the first two chapters this morning before I had to do work. Great so far. :biggrin:
Reply 53
I'm trying to get my money's worth by doing at least 80% of side missions.

some of them are quite hard..., especially the VR ones.

I also notice in this game that bosses typically mix things up and change strategy after you've inflicted a certain amount of damage. Usually they become significantly harder once a certain amount of damage has been inflicted.

Square enix have truly delivered in creating a true strategic action rpg. FF15 lacked strategic element somewhat and you could get pretty far just mashing O and using square to dodge.

i'm not rushing through this game either. currently averaging like 2 hours a day. Most of yous will probably complete it before me.....,
i think sara was only like a couple of chapters behind me and i got the game before them.
Reply 54
Original post by ANM775
I'm trying to get my money's worth by doing at least 80% of side missions.

some of them are quite hard..., especially the VR ones.

I also notice in this game that bosses typically mix things up and change strategy after you've inflicted a certain amount of damage. Usually they become significantly harder once a certain amount of damage has been inflicted.

Square enix have truly delivered in creating a true strategic action rpg. FF15 lacked strategic element somewhat and you could get pretty far just mashing O and using square to dodge.

i'm not rushing through this game either. currently averaging like 2 hours a day. Most of yous will probably complete it before me.....,
i think sara was only like a couple of chapters behind me and i got the game before them.

ooh, not me, haha. sometimes i just walk around and explore... this game is prob the only thing keeping me sane rn. it reminds me of my childhood.. it's a nice distraction.
Reply 55
I'm 25 hours in and still chapter 9

maybe 2 or 3 of those hours i had the game paused ... but i don't think i'll be completing in like 30-35 hours like i've heard some others do.

I seem to always take longer than most..

I must say again though, this game really is quite challenging at parts .. [boss fights].
I both look forward to them, and dread them a little at the same time.

very satisfying [feeling though] if you are on the brink of loosing and manage to come back and win the fight.
I had a situation like that today. Aerith dead. Could with about 300hp, limit break comes along. 2 parts of the boss left. I took a gamble and used it on one part, but it ended up hitting both parts and winning the fight.

I also feel cheated at one boss. I got my limit break when it was staggered and the last hit took off about 3000 damage which should have killed it. but the boss didn't die, it just switched into it's final phaze, and the damage inflicted from the last limit break hit didn't register. It was a very hard boss too, and i almost died during the last phaze
Worth your $60
Reply 57
why does aerith make cloud go down that "short cut" ??

i've just realised it's like 10 times quicker if you go the normal way....

silly girl.......
Reply 58
Original post by ANM775
why does aerith make cloud go down that "short cut" ??

i've just realised it's like 10 times quicker if you go the normal way....

silly girl.......

boy, don't you dare diss my girl aerith. i loveeee her so much 💕
Reply 59
Original post by Ciel.
boy, don't you dare diss my girl aerith. i loveeee her so much 💕

but it's not a short cut at all. and you'll see that when you reach the part in the story where you go the normal way...

Quick Reply

Latest