The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Diverse?

I'm interested in joining Loughborough in 2021, but I am an international student. I'm worried that the uni may not be that diverse in terms of the range of ethnicities. Can someone who goes to or knows anything about Loughborough help?
I want to study Media and Communications(bsc) if that helps.
Diversity is a poor criteria for choosing a UK university. There will always be significant populations of international students, and Loughborough is near Leicester which is extremely "diverse". Generally you would look for % of international students are a better indicator. The most diverse UK universities, may effectively also be the worst.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Realitysreflexx
Diversity is a poor criteria for choosing a UK university. There will always be significant populations of international students, and Loughborough is near Leicester which is extremely "diverse". Generally you would look for % of international students are a better indicator. The most diverse UK universities, may effectively also be the worst.

Agreed for the most part. I think only if a university is really small and not very good would it lack diversity. I haven't see one yet that does. And as you allude to, crap unis in big cities try to get as many international students as possible for that sweet dolla.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm interested in joining Loughborough in 2021, but I am an international student. I'm worried that the uni may not be that diverse in terms of the range of ethnicities. Can someone who goes to or knows anything about Loughborough help?
I want to study Media and Communications(bsc) if that helps.

Hi

Being a single-site campus university, we have a great community. From an international perspective we have students from around 130 countries.
Have a look at our international web pages for more info, might help you make up your mind.
https://www.lboro.ac.uk/international/

If you have any specific questions, just ask, we're always happy to help :smile:

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending