The Student Room Group

Preferences are racist to some degree

Im your typical black girl. Ive been taught to love myself and be independent but when i turned 21 i realised theres racism in dating. Loads of people wont go for me cos of the colour of my skin. My ancestors have been through slavery so the last thing i deserve is men treating me like this and not thinking im attractive.

Im starting to think preferences are racist. Black women are always seen as manly or loud mouthed but when a white girl is sassy she gets labelled independent and cool. im sick of this racism and i dont know why men think its okay to think non black girls are pretty but black girls arent.

From men i hear "blonde" or "pale brunette" but never black girls with melanin
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lgbtqplus
Im your typical black girl. Ive been taught to love myself and be independent but when i turned 21 i realised theres racism in dating. Loads of people wont go for me cos of the colour of my skin. My ancestors have been through slavery so the last thing i deserve is men treating me like this and not thinking im attractive.

Im starting to think preferences are racist. Black women are always seen as manly or loud mouthed but when a white girl is sassy she gets labelled independent and cool. im sick of this racism and i dont know why men think its okay to think non black girls are pretty but black girls arent.

Exactly. I find it so stupid when someone says I’m attracted to bla bla girls or bla bla guys. Like it’s not possible to be attracted to an ethnicity it makes no sense. They’re just a racist
Reply 2
Original post by CuriousK
Exactly. I find it so stupid when someone says I’m attracted to bla bla girls or bla bla guys. Like it’s not possible to be attracted to an ethnicity it makes no sense. They’re just a racist

Ikr like what does that even mean. Im obviously not good looking to them and thats racist to exclude black girls like us cos of our melanin!!!
Oh go to bed. :facepalm:
If whats stopping them is because they assume you're loud and have poor manners then that's definitely due to racism. I know its hard to do but ignore them. But you are speaking nothing but facts about the white girl and black girl comparison, seen that too many times.
Ikr like what does that even mean. Im obviously not good looking to them and thats racist to exclude black girls like us cos of our melanin!!!

I’m bengali and I wonder if a white guy would ever like me or find me attractive
Reply 6
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh go to bed. :facepalm:

???
Reply 7
Original post by MoonlightRain
If whats stopping them is because they assume you're loud and have poor manners then that's definitely due to racism. I know its hard to do but ignore them. But you are speaking nothing but facts about the white girl and black girl comparison, seen that too many times.

no im just saying why are no white boys interested in me? All the white boys around me want white girls but no black women
Reply 8
I’m bengali and I wonder if a white guy would ever like me or find me attractive

I wonder this too sis but they are defo racist when they say they have preferences tbh

I like light skins, am I racist as well?
Reply 10
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
I like light skins, am I racist as well?

light skin as in white girls or caramel black women??
light skin as in white girls or caramel black women??

Mix race :colonhash:
no im just saying why are no white boys interested in me? All the white boys around me want white girls but no black women

Oh please stop chasing white boys. And this isn't a good look. I can see white boys are your type but have you ever thought that maybe it isn't your skin colour that's a factor? It could be anything really. There are sooooo many white guys with black girls. But it is true that people assume a lot about us before even knowing us.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Oh please stop chasing white boys. And this isn't a good look. I can see white boys are your type but have you ever thought that maybe it isn't your skin colour that's a factor? It could be anything really. There are sooooo many white guys with black girls.

no there arent loads of white men with black girls. My school was a mixture of whites and blacks and the whites never dated black women. It was so hard and it seemed racist to me
some of the guys even said their preference is white women so blondes and brunettes
Reply 14
Original post by Jang Gwangnam
Mix race :colonhash:

no thats cool :smile:

You my friend are deluded. People have preferences.. the inability to understand that is concerning. Did you meet your milestones as a child Lol?
no there arent loads of white men with black girls. My school was a mixture of whites and blacks and the whites never dated black women. It was so hard and it seemed racist to me
some of the guys even said their preference is white women so blondes and brunettes

Yeah your school isn't the whole population...

Let them have their preference just like how you have a preference for white guys?
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
You my friend are deluded. People have preferences.. the inability to understand that is concerning. Did you meet your milestones as a child Lol?

Ok and these preferences are racist because its what you find attractive. anything else is ugly
Reply 18
Yeah your school isn't the whole population...

Let them have their preference just like how you have a preference for white guys?

Hunny i live in london. My school had loads of whites and pretty black women. I didnt say my preference was white boys i like all tbh.

Idk why white people think its ok to have these preferences. Melanin is beautiful and my ancestors dont deserve to be treated like this
If i was to find 80% of latino girls attractive.. and 10% of chinese girls attractive. I would say that i'm into latino girls and not chinese. It's only racist if I was to say I don't find X person attractive because of their ethnicity. Its like saying smoking leads to cancer.. not ever smoker is going to get cancer but its a broad generalisation!

Quick Reply

Latest