The Student Room Group

Girlfriends mum hates me but why lol :(

So I went round my girl's for easter lunch yesterday. It was all nice and everything except her mum refused to talk to me except a few workds and wuldn't make eye contact. we went for a walk after and I ended up walking with her and she legit refused to even acknowledge me next to her and we walked in silence until we got back to hers.

My girls says nothing is up ad mum loves me but wtf? i'm going round hers tomorrow to help with some gardening (trying to make myself look like a good boy) but how can i approach the situation and get her to like me?

Scroll to see replies

Good boys don't break public health laws.
Reply 2
Original post by DiddyDec
Good boys don't break public health laws.

Haha lol its ok we live next door
Original post by Connor022
Haha lol its ok we live next door

Still not ok.
Maybe try adhering to the government guidance to stay at least 2m from anyone not in your household- living next door does not count.
Reply 5
Original post by ReadingMum
Maybe try adhering to the government guidance to stay at least 2m from anyone not in your household- living next door does not count.

do you have any actual advice about her mum
So I went round my girl's for easter lunch yesterday. It was all nice and everything except her mum refused to talk to me except a few workds and wuldn't make eye contact. we went for a walk after and I ended up walking with her and she legit refused to even acknowledge me next to her and we walked in silence until we got back to hers.

My girls says nothing is up ad mum loves me but wtf? i'm going round hers tomorrow to help with some gardening (trying to make myself look like a good boy) but how can i approach the situation and get her to like me?

Hi maybe it's something you've said? Or sometimes parents don't like attitudes or the way you've treated your gf eg have you's broken up before? Has she said anything to you at all about it?
You shouldn't have been there at all, that's probably why she was irritated with you. Selfish behaviour.
Reply 8
Original post by Paracosm
You shouldn't have been there at all, that's probably why she was irritated with you. Selfish behaviour.

her parents invited me lol.
Reply 9
Original post by Student02030405
Hi maybe it's something you've said? Or sometimes parents don't like attitudes or the way you've treated your gf eg have you's broken up before? Has she said anything to you at all about it?

nah we've been together for like 2.5 years now. good relationship. moving to uni together in september
nah we've been together for like 2.5 years now. good relationship. moving to uni together in september

That’s good, tbh maybe she just doesn’t like the idea of her daughter moving away so is looking for someone to blame. Hope you figure it out!

I feel sorry for you, don't listen to some of the posts you're getting. Are you sure that you didn't misread what she meant?
Reply 12
Original post by JB FAN A808
I feel sorry for you, don't listen to some of the posts you're getting. Are you sure that you didn't misread what she meant?

how can i misread her not talking to me lol
Reply 13
Original post by Student02030405
That’s good, tbh maybe she just doesn’t like the idea of her daughter moving away so is looking for someone to blame. Hope you figure it out!

thanks mate :smile:
🤦🏻
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Kirstie.lauren95
u niiges part of the same household

Haha well to late now lol
Haha well to late now lol

Not really, never too late to stop being irresponsible 😂😂
Reply 17
Original post by Kirstie.lauren95