The Student Room Group

How do I remove someone from following me on here?

I want to remove a user from following me but not sure how

Scroll to see replies

I don't think that TSR has a block function, only ignore.
You can't.
Original post by londonmyst
I don't think that TSR has a block function, only ignore.

Ignore button is useless when someone is following me to simply ‘stalk me’
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ساره
Ignore button is useless when someone is following me to simply to ‘stalk me’

I know.
In the last 6 month, a lot of TSR users have either left the site or deactivated their accounts then created new a one to shake off a cyber stalker/someone waging a hate campaign irl & online.
Reply 5
Original post by ساره
Ignore button is useless when someone is following me to simply to ‘stalk me’

Report them
The stuff we can do to ignore someone on here is very limited. It's just a low-class block option
Original post by Drewski
Report them

Another account created then what? I know they’ll just create another one. Very weird behaviour
I know.
In the last 6 month, a lot of TSR users have either left the site or deactivated their accounts then created new a one to shake off a cyber stalker/someone waging a hate campaign irl & online.

Wow. I just find that kind of behaviour extremely odd
Original post by MoonlightRain
The stuff we can do to ignore someone on here is very limited. It's just a low-class block option

Its people who have accounts that reach 2018 with zero threads/comments that I just want removed
I know.

Seriously? I didn't pick up on such animosity here so far. Apart from one regular user who appears to starve for others' negative reactions. Only one.
Original post by NonIndigenous
Seriously? I didn't pick up on such animosity here so far. Apart from one regular user who appears to starve for others' negative reactions. Only one.

I’m not going to name him but there’s one guy who loved to annoy everyone on this site ages ago.
Original post by ساره
I want to remove a user from following me but not sure how

I've literally had this conversation in ACT last week. Start a thread at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215 , but also request that this functionality is enabled on TSR. The more of us ask for it, the more likely it is to happen.

I asked that we should be able to 'approve' people who want to follow us, and also to block them from so doing. I'm sure this should be a very easy thing for the dev team to do.
Original post by ساره
Its people who have accounts that reach 2018 with zero threads/comments that I just want removed

Report to the mods but I doubt they'll do anything. I tried to report a stalker but they had Lots of gems and can see everything. Got me bare paranoid. Good luck sis x
Original post by NonIndigenous

Yes.
Some trolls can be very vitriolic, start threads which bombard specific users with abuse and get in the habit of sending threatening or illegal DMs.
Debates about politics, religion and the middle east can get heated very quickly.
Then spiral into vicious grudges that involve illegal conduct.
You can’t. And tbh that function wouldn’t really change anything. Even if they couldn’t follow you they can still click on your profile and search all of your posts.
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
You can’t. And tbh that function wouldn’t really change anything. Even if they couldn’t follow you they can still click on your profile and search all of your posts.

Yes, but it would still be helpful because it makes it just a bit more difficult. It's like a decent lock on a door: it doesn't in and of itself stop the determined burglar, but it does deter the casual thief.
Original post by Reality Check
I've literally had this conversation in ACT last week. Start a thread at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=1215 , but also request that this functionality is enabled on TSR. The more of us ask for it, the more likely it is to happen.

I asked that we should be able to 'approve' people who want to follow us, and also to block them from so doing. I'm sure this should be a very easy thing for the dev team to do.

Out of interest how many features are you aware of that have been introduced at users request?
Original post by Reality Check

Yeah it would help quite a lot. I’ll be sure To do so. (: thanks
Original post by DiddyDec
Out of interest how many features are you aware of that have been introduced at users request?

Zero. Doesn't stop me trying, though. Eternal optimist.

Quick Reply

Latest