The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes University Freshers 2020

Hi guys, this is a forum for Oxford Brookes September 2020 starters. I thought we could have a discussion & ask questions etc here.

Introduce yourself, your course & where you’re planning on living.

I’m Liv, I just firmed Oxford Brookes 2 days ago- I have an conditional offer to study Biomedical Science. I hope to stay at Parade Green or Paul Kent Hall.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I moved your thread to a more relevant forum :h:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
I’m doing artificial intelligence and have firmed an unconditional. Hoping to stay at parade green as well 😊😊
Original post by Sezenb
I’m doing artificial intelligence and have firmed an unconditional. Hoping to stay at parade green as well 😊😊

Unconditional well done! Parade green is definitely my favourite accommodation... especially with the steep costs.
Original post by Oliviaperkss
Hi guys, this is a forum for Oxford Brookes September 2020 starters. I thought we could have a discussion & ask questions etc here.

Introduce yourself, your course & where you’re planning on living.

I’m Liv, I just firmed Oxford Brookes 2 days ago- I have an conditional offer to study Biomedical Science. I hope to stay at Parade Green or Paul Kent Hall.

Hello @Oliviaperkss,

Congratulations on your offer!! We at Brookes are all so happy to hear that you plan on joining us! :smile:

I am a current student at Brookes and although I study law, I would be glad to answer any questions you may have. So feel free to ask.

All the best,

Shaf
Original post by Sezenb

Hello @Sezenb,

Congratulations on receiving your unconditional offer!! :smile:

Although I do not study artificial intelligence, I am a current student at Oxford Brookes. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. So feel free to ask.

All the best,

Shaf
Unconditional well done! Parade green is definitely my favourite accommodation... especially with the steep costs.

Yesss it’s quite expensive 😬😬😬but it looks so nice!! What would u say I’d ur top three favourites for accommodation?
Original post by Sezenb
Yesss it’s quite expensive 😬😬😬but it looks so nice!! What would u say I’d ur top three favourites for accommodation?

My first of course is Parade Green and then my second is Paul Kent Hall, it’s actually really nice and around a grand cheaper! I don’t actually like any of the others tbh but I’d say Clive Booth.... wby?
My first of course is Parade Green and then my second is Paul Kent Hall, it’s actually really nice and around a grand cheaper! I don’t actually like any of the others tbh but I’d say Clive Booth.... wby?

Well looking at the pics online I’d say parade green, slade park, and Paul Kent. What’s ur opinion of slade park ?
Original post by Sezenb
Well looking at the pics online I’d say parade green, slade park, and Paul Kent. What’s ur opinion of slade park ?

It’s really nice accommodation but the £8,450 a year puts me off... I don’t think I could go that high 😬 Do you know you have to apply via a separate website, so if you do like Slade Park you can book your room now
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
hey! I have an un-conditional offer to study Marketing and Events management. For accommodation i was thinking Cheney or parade green! xx
Original post by f70707
hey! I have an un-conditional offer to study Marketing and Events management. For accommodation i was thinking Cheney or parade green! xx

Hello @f70707,

Congratulations on receiving your unconditional offer to study at Oxford Brookes!! :smile:

Although I do not study Marketing and Events Management, I am a current student at the university. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

All the best,

Shaf
It’s really nice accommodation but the £8,450 a year puts me off... I don’t think I could go that high 😬 Do you know you have to apply via a separate website, so if you do like Slade Park you can book your room now

Ohh really ?? That’s good to know. On the website it said parade green is fully booked even though we aren’t able to apply for accommodation yet ? Can other years also stay at parade green then ? Do u think rooms/things in the building of slade park are good tho? 😊
Hi, I’ve just accepted my offer to study education studies and I’m hoping to live either at Paul Kent or Clive Booth x
Original post by Sezenb
Ohh really ?? That’s good to know. On the website it said parade green is fully booked even though we aren’t able to apply for accommodation yet ? Can other years also stay at parade green then ? Do u think rooms/things in the building of slade park are good tho? 😊

Does it? I didn’t see that. I’m kinda put off parade green anyway because you have to pay like £250 when you book it and then £400 in August! I won’t even have my loan then so that will be completely impossible 😐 Yeah other years can, you can stay in halls throughout your studies! Slade park does look really nice, if I could afford it I’d stay there too!
Original post by niamhcostelloxxx
Hi, I’ve just accepted my offer to study education studies and I’m hoping to live either at Paul Kent or Clive Booth x

Yay! Congrats Niamh. I’m hoping for Paul Kent too 🤞 x
Yay! Congrats Niamh. I’m hoping for Paul Kent too 🤞 x

Hopefully we get it! I think the most popular are clive booth, Cheney and Paul Kent x
Hopefully we get it! I think the most popular are clive booth, Cheney and Paul Kent x

PRAYING I get Paul Kent, double bed & the en-suite doesn’t look so prison-esque 😂 x
PRAYING I get Paul Kent, double bed & the en-suite doesn’t look so prison-esque 😂 x

Literally!!😂😂

Hello @niamhcostelloxxx,

Congratulations on accepting your offer!! We are so glad that you will be joining our university! :smile:

Even though I study law, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to ask.

All the best,

Shaf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending