The Student Room Group

I’m confused about my sexuality

So I’m a teen girl and I’ve always said I’m straight, to everyone else and myself. I’ve had primary school boyfriends, haven’t we all. And I did have a thing with a boy recently but it didn’t really go far. I’ve never kissed or been intimate with boys or girls which makes this all even more confusing and hard to underhand. All throughout my life I’ve had obsessions / crushes on female celebs, when I was young I didn’t take any notice of it but now it’s bugging me. The thing is, in real life I only have crushes on boys but when I’m alone, watching tv or scrolling through insta, I take more notice of females than I do males. When I started noticing this I didn’t know how to feel. I’m so confused right now still. The thought of liking a girl that I actually know makes me feel sick. But is this because I’m too scared to admit I’m bi or gay? ....I feel like people welcome gay men more than gay women at this point in the world. And I pretty much always ‘have a crush’ on a boy and tell my friends. But am I doing this to cover the fact I’m bi or gay? Are they even real crushes? So my over all question is ‘am I bi or gay if I have crushes on female celebs but not females I know?’ Please can someone help me, any advice would really put my mind to rest. Thankyou.
Are the women you know all complete mingers?
You’re over-thinking it hun.
The vast majority of girls take more notice of other girls on social media, it doesn’t mean we want to be gay with them. You can appreciate another girl’s beauty without being gay. Hell the majority of straight girls I know have “girl crushes” on a certain celeb. It’s normal.

The fact that you have crushes on males says enough. Don’t stress, just go with your instincts.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Are the women you know all complete mingers?

You’ve been on this forum way too long to still talk like a 13 year old. Come on now.
Original post by Waldorf67
You’ve been on this forum way too long to still talk like a 13 year old. Come on now.
Since your opinion matters so much to me, I shall rephrase.

OP, are all the women you know complete ****ing mingers?
you don’t really have to know what you are or who you like. if you have a crush (boy or girl) then pursue it. maybe after being with more people you’ll be able to distinguish what you prefer or if you like both. there’s no rush to figure it out and it’s really quite normal to like girls if you do like girls. if your friends are real friends they’ll accept you for whatever. i have seen a few of my friends come out and no one has even batted an eyelid. i am in a long term relationship with someone of the opposite gender however i have gotten with people of my gender on nights out and the idea of being with someone of my gender does not completely turn me off. i do not see sexuality as one thing or another but more a scale and you’re allowed to consider yourself straight but also like people of your gender and you’re allowed to consider yourself gay but still slightly prefer people of the opposite gender
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m a teen girl and I’ve always said I’m straight, to everyone else and myself. I’ve had primary school boyfriends, haven’t we all. And I did have a thing with a boy recently but it didn’t really go far. I’ve never kissed or been intimate with boys or girls which makes this all even more confusing and hard to underhand. All throughout my life I’ve had obsessions / crushes on female celebs, when I was young I didn’t take any notice of it but now it’s bugging me. The thing is, in real life I only have crushes on boys but when I’m alone, watching tv or scrolling through insta, I take more notice of females than I do males. When I started noticing this I didn’t know how to feel. I’m so confused right now still. The thought of liking a girl that I actually know makes me feel sick. But is this because I’m too scared to admit I’m bi or gay? ....I feel like people welcome gay men more than gay women at this point in the world. And I pretty much always ‘have a crush’ on a boy and tell my friends. But am I doing this to cover the fact I’m bi or gay? Are they even real crushes? So my over all question is ‘am I bi or gay if I have crushes on female celebs but not females I know?’ Please can someone help me, any advice would really put my mind to rest. Thankyou.

Can I just add that it’s Middle Aged femal celebs I fall for. Never really young ones. Although there has been one young one.
Original post by Anonymous

I’m in the same position as you except I had/have a crush on my close friend who’s a girl and Is bi. I always thought I was straight, especially since I come from a ‘religious’ background and I didn’t know otherwise. But then it’s that whole question of ‘how do straight people know their straight before having any sexual relations etc’
So I guess I’m bisexual as I see myself attracted to both men and women yet I’ve never been in a relationship or even kissed anyone yet.

Also I get what you mean at the end as when I was in high school people used to ask who I fancied etc and I feel like I forced a few of my crushes just to fill the blank space and the confusion I had at the time.
honey pm me and we could talk, ive been in the kinda same situation
im bi and i tend to crush more on guys, i find a lot of girls attractive, and ive dated one girl lol
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm also confused about my sexuality help
i like girls
ik this thread is old but u can pm me if you want more advice x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending