The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham - Hild Bede Applicants 2020

Hi there, I'm doing a Q&A for those who have been allocated Hild Bede for 2020. Drop any questions you have here and I'll be happy to answer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hildbedesrc
Hi there, I'm doing a Q&A for those who have been allocated Hild Bede for 2020. Drop any questions you have here and I'll be happy to answer

How far away is Hild Bede, as I've heard that it is quite far away? What are the rooms like in Hild Bede? Also what do people not in Hild Bede think of it?I've got accepted for business and management, so this may be a problem as the business school is by St Aidans college. Do you know if I want to visit the business school often?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous_4657
How far away is Hild Bede, as I've heard that it is quite far away? What are the rooms like in Hild Bede? Also what do people not in Hild Bede think of it?I've got accepted for business and management, so this may be a problem as the business school is by St Aidans college. Do you know if I want to visit the business school often?

Hi there! Hild Bede is really not as far away from places as people think - it is located about a 10-minutes walk from Elvet Riverside and a 15-minute walk from the Science Site, which is likely where you will likely have most of your lectures for business and management. It is slightly further up the hill to the business school (5-10 mins beyond the Science Site), but it is likely you won't need to head up there that often and there are regular buses that head up there too!
Hild Bede is generally considered a friendly college as its one of the largest and has a reputation for excelling at sports and drama. There is plenty on offer for everyone to get involved with!

I'm happy to answer any more questions!!

Hi there, just wanted to ask, are any of the Hild Bede rooms shared?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there, just wanted to ask, are any of the Hild Bede rooms shared?

Nope, there are no shared rooms at Hild Bede
Hi My son's just been allocated Hild Bede for 2020. As it is fully catered, we just wanted to know how practical is it for students to return from lectures in comp sci department each day for lunch and possibly have to return for afternoon lectures. Also is breakfast, lunch and then dinner served at the weekends?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AnonymouseCot
Hi My son's just been allocated Hild Bede for 2020. As it is fully catered, we just wanted to know how practical is it for students to return from lectures in comp sci department each day for lunch and possibly have to return for afternoon lectures. Also is breakfast, lunch and then dinner served at the weekends?

I am interested in this too and also what happens if you have to leave for lectures before breakfast?
Reply 7
Original post by AnonymouseCot

Hi there! To start, Hild Bede offers 3 meals a day, 7 days a week - breakfast/lunch/dinner on weekdays and breakfast/brunch/dinner at weekends. For those students who have lectures during the day and are likely spending the day at the Science Site, Hild Bede offers packed lunches instead of the sit-in lunch, so there is no need to return back to college for lunch! Hope this helps
Hi there! To start, Hild Bede offers 3 meals a day, 7 days a week - breakfast/lunch/dinner on weekdays and breakfast/brunch/dinner at weekends. For those students who have lectures during the day and are likely spending the day at the Science Site, Hild Bede offers packed lunches instead of the sit-in lunch, so there is no need to return back to college for lunch! Hope this helps

are you also able to use your dinner card at the science sight to purchase lunch there as in other colleges?
Hi! I was wondering how rooms are allocated and what they are like? And what furniture is already in them? Are there different kinds of rooms? Thanks :smile:
Hi,
I've been allocated to Hild Bede and I was wondering if we will be told before freshers week what outfits etc to bring if the evenings are themed? Thank you :smile:
Hey,
Is there a groupchat for applicants in hild bede?
Original post by laurennmurrayyy
Hey,
Is there a groupchat for applicants in hild bede?

not yet I don't think
Reply 13
Original post by czardasz
not yet I don't think

Yeah, I think there will be one after results when everyone's places are officially confirmed.
I know this might be a dumb question but I really want to double check but, you don't have to apply for accommodation do you?
Original post by Anonymous
I know this might be a dumb question but I really want to double check but, you don't have to apply for accommodation do you?

not in the traditional sense like at your other universities - your college is your accommodation
Original post by czardasz
not in the traditional sense like at your other universities - your college is your accommodation

thank you :smile:
Hi! I'm not a 2020 applicant (sorry!) but I'm looking at it for 2021. I want to do English Literature. Can you give me a general idea of what the college is like, and how close is it to the English faculty and the library? Also, what is the accommodation like, and how does it work? Thank you so much- with open days canceled I was looking for someone to ask! Thanks!
Is there a Hild Bede go
Gc *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending