The Student Room Group

Which textbook should I get for GCSE triple science?

Which out of the 3 are the best textbooks (for AQA):
CGP textbooks
Oxford third edition
Collins textbooks
I used CGP revision guides and never came across anything in the exam that wasn't in there :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by jamiet0185
I used CGP revision guides and never came across anything in the exam that wasn't in there :smile:

Thanks for your response but did you use any textbooks alongside?
Original post by abc10123
Thanks for your response but did you use any textbooks alongside?

We had access to the Oxford one on Kerboodle. There appears to be more information but i think it's either not hugely relevant or just drawn out in comparison to the CGP one. As I said I relied very heavily on the CGP one and got a 9 in all three sciences.
Reply 4
I tutor GCSE students at a tuition centre and we heavily use CGP guides and it’s worked very well for the students so far.
Reply 6
Original post by jamiet0185
We had access to the Oxford one on Kerboodle. There appears to be more information but i think it's either not hugely relevant or just drawn out in comparison to the CGP one. As I said I relied very heavily on the CGP one and got a 9 in all three sciences.

Thank you for your response :smile:
Original post by abc10123
£50 is a lot so I might not use it but thank you for the advice :smile:

I'm not 100% if this covers everything and will guarantee you a good grade so don't listen to me - discuss it with your teachers or your parents and they might know best.
Reply 11
Original post by nkva
I'm not 100% if this covers everything and will guarantee you a good grade so don't listen to me - discuss it with your teachers or your parents and they might know best.

Ok thank you
Just know that I’m not responsible whatsoever for your decisions on what you do. This includes everything I’ve said.
Reply 13
Kerboodle and CGP! A combination of those will cover everything on the exam paper (at least in my view).
I'm not sure if any of my advice is correct so whatever happens, don't let me influence you and I am not responsible whatsoever for what you do.
I used the CGP textbooks (bought one for each science) and they were amazing. Explained all the content+ had loads of exam style questions at the end of each chapter

Quick Reply

Latest