The Student Room Group

is it too late too apply to uni yet? :/

hi guys i still haven't applied to uni yet have I still got time and if I do when is the deadline?
not at all!! the “deadline” was the 15th January but I applied in March and got an unconditional offer within 3 days!! what are you applying to?
Reply 2
Wow that’s so good u got an unconditional but r u sure I can still apply cuz I heard that the late applications have got time till the something of April but I’m not sure what date it was. I was thinking of applying for mental health nursing. What did u apply for if I don’t mind me asking :smile:
Original post by Bombb21
Wow that’s so good u got an unconditional but r u sure I can still apply cuz I heard that the late applications have got time till the something of April but I’m not sure what date it was. I was thinking of applying for mental health nursing. What did u apply for if I don’t mind me asking :smile:

i’m not sure about the April thing sorry! i got an unconditional through UCAS Extra for marine biology but i applied for MH nursing first! what a coincidence - however i decided to do more of an academic subject first (so i withdrew from MH nursing) and i think i’ll do MH nursing as a second degree!
Absolute deadline is 6pm (UK time) 30th June - any applications submitted after this time will be put into clearing.

Courses can close any time from the 15th January, and universities don't have to treat your application equally so might expect more than the published entry requirements. (or they might reject you outright because they've given out all the offers they're prepared to give)

You can email the courses you're looking at to see if they are still accepting applications.
Original post by loveocean
i’m not sure about the April thing sorry! i got an unconditional through UCAS Extra for marine biology but i applied for MH nursing first! what a coincidence - however i decided to do more of an academic subject first (so i withdrew from MH nursing) and i think i’ll do MH nursing as a second degree!

maybe it made a difference because i already had an application with ucas? also with MH nursing you have to go to interviews (i did and i got an offer but withdrew it as i say) so i’m not sure if they’ll still be doing them now (especially with the pandemic) i think your best option would be to contact the admissions services and ask them directly! good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by loveocean
maybe it made a difference because i already had an application with ucas? also with MH nursing you have to go to interviews (i did and i got an offer but withdrew it as i say) so i’m not sure if they’ll still be doing them now (especially with the pandemic) i think your best option would be to contact the admissions services and ask them directly! good luck!

Original post by _gcx
Absolute deadline is 6pm (UK time) 30th June - any applications submitted after this time will be put into clearing.

Courses can close any time from the 15th January, and universities don't have to treat your application equally so might expect more than the published entry requirements. (or they might reject you outright because they've given out all the offers they're prepared to give)

You can email the courses you're looking at to see if they are still accepting applications.

Okay thank u I’ll try that first then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending