The Student Room Group

cv help forum

hey, I have applied for multiple jobs and have been rejected every time and I am so confused as to why so I was wondering if someone could ply read through my cv and tell me what I can improve. please as I really need a job. tyyy xx

Personal profile

I have always had a passion to work in retail, café , as I believe that my strong interpersonal skills and eagerness to learn would make me an ideal candidate for these roles. Friends and family have always described me as friendly and outgoing as I am able to engage with people from all backgrounds. Whilst volunteering at St Gemma’s hospice I have been able to gain important life skills, such as time management, responsibility, and empathy. I can confidently say that volunteering has helped me to become a team player which I personally feel is a very important skill to have when working in retail. Participating in DofE also helped me to build on my teamwork skills. As an individual I enjoy practical hands on work and have a good attention to detail along with a conscientious approach to every job I do.

Key Skills
A desire to help people / customer service skills
Ability to work well with others / team player
Ability to work well under pressure
Thorough with attention to detail
Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills
Marketing abilities
An eye for the bestselling products
Multi-tasking

Qualities
I am motivated
Enthusiastic
Outgoing
Responsible
Creative
Hard working
Attentive

Employment History
October 2018 January 2019 St gemmas hospice, Leeds,
shop Volunteer
Main Duties
Stocked shelves
Creating a welcoming environment and providing excellent customer service
Tagging clothes
Cleaning store front

Outline:
Working in a busy charity shop and supporting the store staff to ensure customers a clean and friendly environment.

Education & qualifications
GCSE : June 2020 -
English literature: 6
English language: 6
Maths: 5
Science (double award): 55
Business studies: 6
Health and social care: L2D
History: 6
French: 5

Dofe bronze award
Charity shop volunteer

References available on request
Reply 1
Original post by girlysirly
hey, I have applied for multiple jobs and have been rejected every time and I am so confused as to why so I was wondering if someone could ply read through my cv and tell me what I can improve. please as I really need a job. tyyy xx

Personal profile

I have always had a passion to work in retail, café , as I believe that my strong interpersonal skills and eagerness to learn would make me an ideal candidate for these roles. Friends and family have always described me as friendly and outgoing as I am able to engage with people from all backgrounds. Whilst volunteering at St Gemma’s hospice I have been able to gain important life skills, such as time management, responsibility, and empathy. I can confidently say that volunteering has helped me to become a team player which I personally feel is a very important skill to have when working in retail. Participating in DofE also helped me to build on my teamwork skills. As an individual I enjoy practical hands on work and have a good attention to detail along with a conscientious approach to every job I do.

Key Skills
A desire to help people / customer service skills
Ability to work well with others / team player
Ability to work well under pressure
Thorough with attention to detail
Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills
Marketing abilities
An eye for the bestselling products
Multi-tasking

Qualities
I am motivated
Enthusiastic
Outgoing
Responsible
Creative
Hard working
Attentive

Employment History
October 2018 January 2019 St gemmas hospice, Leeds,
shop Volunteer
Main Duties
Stocked shelves
Creating a welcoming environment and providing excellent customer service
Tagging clothes
Cleaning store front

Outline:
Working in a busy charity shop and supporting the store staff to ensure customers a clean and friendly environment.

Education & qualifications
GCSE : June 2020 -
English literature: 6
English language: 6
Maths: 5
Science (double award): 55
Business studies: 6
Health and social care: L2D
History: 6
French: 5

Dofe bronze award
Charity shop volunteer

References available on request

Your education should be nearer the top of the CV. I put my work experience in the middle of the CV. It needs restructuring and depends on how you are writing to these companies?
Reply 2
Original post by MKaur18
Your education should be nearer the top of the CV. I put my work experience in the middle of the CV. It needs restructuring and depends on how you are writing to these companies?

oh right ok x ty x
Reply 3
Original post by girlysirly
oh right ok x ty x

It's a good start, but it needs restructuring x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending