The Student Room Group

When is the Kelvin science prize?

I would like to take part in the Peterhouse Kelvin science prize, but I have looked on their website and the 2020 questions have yet to be released. I thought that the questions would be released by December 2019?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bump
Hi there! Don't worry, you haven't missed anything! We will be launching the prize later this month. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Hi there! Don't worry, you haven't missed anything! We will be launching the prize later this month. :smile:

Hey in their website it said they will be launching the essay questions before half term.
Do you know the specific date ?
Thank youu
The Essay Prizes for 2020 have now been launched! You can find all the information you need here: https://www.pet.cam.ac.uk/essay-prizes. Enjoy!
Reply 5
Original post by ahmedh7989
I would like to take part in the Peterhouse Kelvin science prize, but I have looked on their website and the 2020 questions have yet to be released. I thought that the questions would be released by December 2019?

Hey have you seen the questions what do you think ?
Reply 6
The Essay Prizes for 2020 have now been launched! You can find all the information you need here: https://www.pet.cam.ac.uk/essay-prizes. Enjoy!

I am interested in taking part in the essay prize, however, it seems that I couldn't access the webpage using this link (https://www.pet.cam.ac.uk/essay-prizes).
Hi there! We're having a few problems with our website at the moment. The questions are:

"The zombie ant fungus, Cordiceps, manipulates ants by taking control of their brains. Can the ants evolve a response to this or are they locked into a zombie apocalypse for ever?"

"Using numerical evidence, what carbon stocks could be enhanced to make the UK carbon neutral?"
Reply 8
Reply 9
Original post by sftslab

I have I’m going to do the zombie ant fungus
What one are you going to do
H

Hi there! We're having a few problems with our website at the moment. The questions are:

"The zombie ant fungus, Cordiceps, manipulates ants by taking control of their brains. Can the ants evolve a response to this or are they locked into a zombie apocalypse for ever?"

"Using numerical evidence, what carbon stocks could be enhanced to make the UK carbon neutral?"

Hi there. Are you 100% certain on your spelling of "Cordiceps"? Because everywhere I look it's spelt with a 'y', as in Cordyceps. Maybe its the US vs UK spelling, but I just want to confirm
Cordyceps is the same thing :smile:
Original post by aroundanaxis
H

Hi there. Are you 100% certain on your spelling of "Cordiceps"? Because everywhere I look it's spelt with a 'y', as in Cordyceps. Maybe its the US vs UK spelling, but I just want to confirm

Hey are you entering the essay competition as well
Cordyceps is the same thing :smile:

Thank you! What about Ophiocordyceps?
Original post by ISHxxxx
Hey are you entering the essay competition as well

Maybe I'm still deciding. Have you already sent yours off?
Maybe I'm still deciding. Have you already sent yours off?

Not yet I’ve done the research but I just need to write it.

How are you finding it

Are you going to only write about the Cordyceps unilateralis species or all the Cordyceps.
Original post by ISHxxxx
Not yet I’ve done the research but I just need to write it.

How are you finding it

Are you going to only write about the Cordyceps unilateralis species or all the Cordyceps.

I'm finding it good considering I've just started researching a few hours ago and don't really have any ideas yet, so I can't really answer your 2nd question at the moment.

You sound like you know your stuff though. Good luck
I'm finding it good considering I've just started researching a few hours ago and don't really have any ideas yet, so I can't really answer your 2nd question at the moment.

You sound like you know your stuff though. Good luck

You too
Xx
Do tell me if your going to write about only Cordyceps unilteralis ( I don’t really know how to spell it lol) please
(edited 4 years ago)
H

Hey just wondering have you started your essay yet

Hi
When do we find out about winners and the results of the competitions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending