The Student Room Group

child nursing 2020 applicants

i want to make a thread getting all soon to be children nursing applicant for 2020. we can discuss the unis and interview tips and how interview went to help others.

Scroll to see replies

I've had my interviews and I'm accepting my offer from UEA this week to study child nursing :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Shakira.02
I've had my interviews and I'm accepting my offer from UEA this week to study child nursing :smile:

that is fo good to hear. was the interview a one to one interview or group interview. also what kind of questions were you asked and how did you manage your nervousness for the interview.
Hello :smile:

I hope everyone is doing okay.

Just introducing myself, I have applied for Child Nursing at Brighton, starting September 2020. I application is being considered by the uni, I am soooo nervous! I really hope I get the chance to go to the interview.

Is anyone else looking at Brighton for this course?

x
Original post by CharleyJayJay
Hello :smile:

I hope everyone is doing okay.

Just introducing myself, I have applied for Child Nursing at Brighton, starting September 2020. I application is being considered by the uni, I am soooo nervous! I really hope I get the chance to go to the interview.

Is anyone else looking at Brighton for this course?

x

Hiya,

I am also applying for children’s nursing, I had my interview at Brighton and it was very relaxed, really nothing to be nervous about.

They were actually really quick to respond, I heard back from them the day after my interview

I hope you get an interview and it goes well! :smile:
Reply 5
Hey!
I've applied to Child Nursing at UWE, Southampton, Winchester, Birmingham and Oxford Brookes.
However, I am a late applicant so only put in my application yesterday. Hoping they will still consider me as the reason I am applying late is because I was ill and intending to take A levels next year but after this whole cancelling exams happened I decided to apply!
Has anyone had any phone interviews yet?
Original post by Jenna Setchfield
Hiya,

I am also applying for children’s nursing, I had my interview at Brighton and it was very relaxed, really nothing to be nervous about.

They were actually really quick to respond, I heard back from them the day after my interview

I hope you get an interview and it goes well! :smile:

Hiya,

That's fantastic news!! very well done :smile: Can I ask- was your interview before the lockdown?

That's great to hear the interview process was good, I read too many horror stories online lol

:smile:
Original post by CharleyJayJay
Hiya,

That's fantastic news!! very well done :smile: Can I ask- was your interview before the lockdown?

That's great to hear the interview process was good, I read too many horror stories online lol

:smile:

Yeah mine was before so I’m not sure how it’ll will be now, have they given you details on how it will go ?
Original post by Jenna Setchfield
Yeah mine was before so I’m not sure how it’ll will be now, have they given you details on how it will go ?

Haven't heard anything from them as of yet but hopefully soon :smile: My sister's course at Brighton (she is doing adult nursing) has been postponed to restart again in September (she started February this year), so I will just keep checking my emails, though I am thinking interviews might be done virtually? :smile:
Reply 9
I received an email from UEA offering me an interview, no date just to say they would be in touch soon, I’m assuming it will be telephone
Original post by Vam1970
I received an email from UEA offering me an interview, no date just to say they would be in touch soon, I’m assuming it will be telephone

That's fab :smile: Good luck! I think you are right, Telephone, might be the best option, I hope it goes well x
Hi!
I've applied for a mix of child and mental health nursing at Surrey, Portsmouth, Southampton and Hertfordshire. I have had interviews at Portsmouth and Hertfordshire and got offers from both. My interviews for Surrey and Southampton are both in May so will obviously be online interviews . Has anyone done an online interview yet? If so do you have any tips or advice because I am really unsure what it is going to be like x
I’ve just got a date for my telephone interview, any others for UEA?
Reply 13
Original post by oliviasibleyx
Hi!
I've applied for a mix of child and mental health nursing at Surrey, Portsmouth, Southampton and Hertfordshire. I have had interviews at Portsmouth and Hertfordshire and got offers from both. My interviews for Surrey and Southampton are both in May so will obviously be online interviews . Has anyone done an online interview yet? If so do you have any tips or advice because I am really unsure what it is going to be like x

I have one next Friday for child nursing at Winchester, will let you know what it’s like! It’s through Microsoft Teams and I’m more nervous about getting that to work than the actual interview!
Original post by 0711Apa
I have one next Friday for child nursing at Winchester, will let you know what it’s like! It’s through Microsoft Teams and I’m more nervous about getting that to work than the actual interview!

Good luck I have my children’s nursing interview next Friday.
We use Microsoft teams at work, it’s easy to set up don’t worry.
I’m an old dinosaur and can do it 😂
(edited 3 years ago)
I have my interview tomorrow with Wolverhampton University to study Childs nursing, but I put in my application to start September 2021, 😁. My interview is being done via Microsoft Teams too. I'm a little bit nervous now, trying to think of all the questions that they may ask lol. I'm a mature student I'm 32 😁. Good luck everyone xxx
Original post by Stacie1409
I have my interview tomorrow with Wolverhampton University to study Childs nursing, but I put in my application to start September 2021, 😁. My interview is being done via Microsoft Teams too. I'm a little bit nervous now, trying to think of all the questions that they may ask lol. I'm a mature student I'm 32 😁. Good luck everyone xxx

Good luck to you, I’m cramming Wednesday and Thursday for my interview Friday
Original post by Vam1970
Good luck to you, I’m cramming Wednesday and Thursday for my interview Friday

Thank you 😁.
I am a bit nervous though. Hoping it all goes okay.
When is it?
Original post by Stacie1409
Thank you 😁.
I am a bit nervous though. Hoping it all goes okay.

When is your interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending