The Student Room Group

Rishi sunak is the best

Chancellor is the best. He is smart. He will save us.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Gundabad(good)

Mate really?

Since Sunak became chancellor:
1: FTSE100 down 30%
2: 1m unemployed
3: deficit widened to highest since second world war

Worst chancellor ever

Phase 1: Communist infiltration (Rishi Sunak)
Phase 2: Covid-19
Phase 3: ???
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by glassalice
Phase 1: Communist infiltration (Rishi Sunak)
Phase 2: Covid-19
Phase 3: ???

??? = death and poverty
:rave:

Spoiler

:rave:
Reply 5
Original post by Quady
Mate really?

Worst chancellor ever

How is that his fault? Correlation doesn't equal causation. He didn't cause this to happen. It is happening because of covid 19 which is completely out of his control- and it's not just the UK's economy, the world's economy is shrinking. The same thing would have happened with any other chancellor, he is doing the best he can to mitigate the effects of covid 19.
Reply 6
Original post by AN0128
How is that his fault? Correlation doesn't equal causation. He didn't cause this to happen. It is happening because of covid 19 which is completely out of his control- and it's not just the UK's economy, the world's economy is shrinking. The same thing would have happened with any other chancellor, he is doing the best he can to mitigate the effects of covid 19.

Correlation doesn't equal causation
Correlation doesn't exclude causation

We have no counterfactual so you cant say if we had another chancellor that this wouldn't have happened.
and if he wasn't one of your own, would you still think that??
Reply 8

Save us from what?

He was part of the cabinet that caused this.
Reply 9
Original post by Quady
Correlation doesn't equal causation
Correlation doesn't exclude causation

We have no counterfactual so you cant say if we had another chancellor that this wouldn't have happened.

And since there is no evidence to prove he caused it, we have to assume he is innocent- innocent until proven guilty, remember?
And we know for a fact the economic downturn is due to covid 19 so how can you blame it on Rishi Sunak?
Original post by Quady
??? = death and poverty

Nah, thats Phase 4
Phase 3= Liberal outrage-- I've been campaigning for communist policies for years, not this everything-phobic dictatorship that doesn't agree with me. This must be the Conservatives fault- they didn't fund the NHS properly!!!

Conservatives--I told ya so librals

Dooms day believers--No, I told all of you so. Unlike the Conservatives I am fully prepared for the next 50 years

*War then breaks out *
Reply 11
Original post by AN0128
And since there is no evidence to prove he caused it, we have to assume he is innocent- innocent until proven guilty, remember?
And we know for a fact the economic downturn is due to covid 19 so how can you blame it on Rishi Sunak?

Wasnyt he part of collective responsibility of the cabinet?
Reply 12
lol I don't even know why I am defending him so much, I hate the conservatives. But yeah blaming it on all sunak is not fair.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by glassalice
Nah, thats Phase 4
Phase 3= Liberal outrage-- I've been campaigning for communist policies for years, not this everything-phobic dictatorship that doesn't agree with me. This must be the Conservatives fault- they didn't fund the NHS properly!!!

Conservatives--I told ya so librals

Dooms day believers--No, I told all of you so. Unlike the Conservatives I am fully prepared for the next 50 years

*War then breaks out *

Sunak just bounced to stage four, canbalism
Original post by Quady
Mate really?

Worst chancellor ever

The entire world is affected by coronavirus. But not many governments in the world are paying 80% of people’s salaries, have a comfortable surplus in hospital beds even during the peak of the coronavirus.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Quady
Mate really?

Worst chancellor ever

Most chancellors didn’t have to go through a global pandemic and national lockdown though. I’d argue this is the cause of most unemployment and financial deficit.
Original post by Quady
Mate really?

Worst chancellor ever

The chancellor has next no control over the FTSE which is almost solely derived from expectations of investors and in many ways the fall is due to a contagion effect due to forecasts of a global recession, which he certainly has no control over.

All things considered 1m unemployment in such an awful situation we find ourselves in is not as awful as many have predicted.

Of course the deficit has risen.... The govt has pledged £330bn in support for businesses, much of that to prevent unemployment rising higher. While I disagree with almost anything the widens the deficit, not supporting business and furloughed employees at this time would be political suicided.

I do not particularly like him, but saying he is somehow to blame for the situation he faces is beyond inane.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17

He's the Chancellor not the messiah. Chill.
Reply 18
Original post by Em.-.
Most chancellors didn’t have to go through a global pandemic and national lockdown though. I’d argue this is the cause of most unemployment and financial deficit.

Sunak is a member of Cabinet, so is part of collective responsibility for that too....
He has sold the economy down the river. Future generations will pay for his financial recklessness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending