The Student Room Group

6 Years crush

Good morning,

In July 2014 (when I was 17 years old) I volunteered in Nepal for 2 weeks. I met this Nepali guy out there (he was 19 at the time). As part of the volunteer project I assisted with painting a school that he was a teacher at.

We quickly became friends and I had a huge crush on him. He felt the same too.

After a year we spoke very little (only at birthdays and a couple of other times) This was my attempt to get rid of the feelings I had towards him. However, it didn’t work as I had hoped. For the last 3 or 4 years we have spoken most days.

He will be going to Glasgow later this year for a semester as part of his masters degree scholarship. I live in Bournemouth so will most likely travel up to see him for a few days.

6 years feels like a long time to just be a crush. I am not sure if it means I have stronger feelings towards him?

I am very confused about where I should go from here. I don’t know whether it is best to tell him or just keep him as a friend and see where things go when he comes over later this year? Are there any signs I can look out for to see if he feels the same?

It is hard to focus on anything else right now (not helped by the current Coronavirus situation).

Thank you for your time
Reply 1
It's not going to go anywhere unless you decide that the both of you want try for a relationship and make it happen. It's a long time to be talking and not know how things stand. Start having a proper discussion, otherwise you could be hanging on for a few days in Glasgow, and then what happens?
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
It's not going to go anywhere unless you decide that the both of you want try for a relationship and make it happen. It's a long time to be talking and not know how things stand. Start having a proper discussion, otherwise you could be hanging on for a few days in Glasgow, and then what happens?

You're right! I think I will have to speak to him about it soon. Find out how he feels either way. Thank you for your help
Original post by Anonymous
Good morning,

In July 2014 (when I was 17 years old) I volunteered in Nepal for 2 weeks. I met this Nepali guy out there (he was 19 at the time). As part of the volunteer project I assisted with painting a school that he was a teacher at.

We quickly became friends and I had a huge crush on him. He felt the same too.

After a year we spoke very little (only at birthdays and a couple of other times) This was my attempt to get rid of the feelings I had towards him. However, it didn’t work as I had hoped. For the last 3 or 4 years we have spoken most days.

He will be going to Glasgow later this year for a semester as part of his masters degree scholarship. I live in Bournemouth so will most likely travel up to see him for a few days.

6 years feels like a long time to just be a crush. I am not sure if it means I have stronger feelings towards him?

I am very confused about where I should go from here. I don’t know whether it is best to tell him or just keep him as a friend and see where things go when he comes over later this year? Are there any signs I can look out for to see if he feels the same?

It is hard to focus on anything else right now (not helped by the current Coronavirus situation).

Thank you for your time

Hi im nepali too and just want to tell you that its very hard for nepali kids to date or marry people out of there cast maybe that why hes not confessing or smth lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending