The Student Room Group

HELP!! Got kicked out of home! Emergency!!

Scroll to see replies

Can you not call your dad and discuss it with him? It is been late already.
Original post by Rhodesian
I called the council and they gave me a place to stay for the night.
It’ll take me an hour to get there but I should be fine.

Thank you so much though. It’s really nice that you tried to help me.

Hopefully they’ll let me stay the weekend and the. I’ll just go back to my uni

Ok have read through the whole thread and people have been helpful as well as anon 5 being kind.
You are doing the correct thing.
You could maybe ask at a tube station if you cna get a ticket as you dont have the money and give them name and address to get back or see if you can cadge a lift from the police.

The council are the right peple.
1. You need your stuff.
2. You can use the council to help uuyou see if you cna return to uni or maybe that and give you a week till your loan comes in.
3. Work out a plan alonmg the lines I stated. The council will be keen to offload you. I would choose uni if possible as hostels arent great but hopefully the council will be chilled.

Sure other people will keep you company, hang in there and gL.

Dont forget train services will be much reduced.
Reply 62
Original post by anonymousgirll1
Most homeless people you see on the streets became homeless around 17 some 18 19 , they weren’t on drugs or drowning in debt

They left home, with no where to go, council helps at first but then they can’t they don’t have enough accommodation.

Homeless get on drugs to cope with loss pain hopelessness. They abandoned their family and society abandoned them. Don’t risk it

Please change your decision.

They said they were kicked out, not that they ran away
Rhodesian, stop arguing with parents and maybe try and fix your relationship, your parents might be cruel but I promise they’d love you, call them apologising and fix things it’s not worth running away x

I believe they were kicked out and he isnt running away.
your parents might be cruel but I promise they’d love you

Sorry but you just don't know this and you're in no position to make that jump.

As others have pointed out, if you read the situation rather than blurted out empty unhelpful platitudes, you'd know they didn't run away.

Getting a job is hard. Living alone is lonely and depressing. OP should stay with parents, beg them to return. Rent is London is expensive AF, they’ll end up living in a tent. Convince you parents to let you stay

OP Rhodesian ? Please stay at home, go uni, improve your life get a good partner and leave in the future . Now is not good

Again, WTF is this unhelpful gibberish? They were kicked out, how can they stay with parents? "Get a good partner"? WTF? "Now is not good"? S/he didn't choose when to get kicked out.

EDIT: OMG I'm skimming this thread and...
Sleep in a park

Someone just ban this girl from this thread or have a word about the responsibility in posting this stuff. I know these are the risks of asking a forum full of kids for help but come on.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by ANM775
thats a very generous council

why did they house you? you are not female/pregnant/expecting or with children .....yet there are people living on the streets for years who can't get places due to their being like a 5 year waiting list.

I don’t know why it’s a temporary. They said just 1 or 2 nights.
But that should be enough for me.
Getting a job is hard. Living alone is lonely and depressing. OP should stay with parents, beg them to return. Rent is London is expensive AF, they’ll end up living in a tent. Convince you parents to let you stay

OP Rhodesian ? Please stay at home, go uni, improve your life get a good partner and leave in the future . Now is not good

WTF, do you personally know them or something? this sounds like something a toxic parent would say......

OP you are STRONG. and obviously clever since you go to Warwick. It might feel like rock bottom but it's not. The only way you can go now is UP. Get good grades and make an amazing life for yourself. I know it's hard and feels really kind of surreal and awkward right now because it might feel like you're 'betraying' your family, but you're not. Stay safe out there. Sending you virtual hugs and positive vibes. I really feel for you. Just know you are not alone. Please do update us! We are here for you.
They can beg their parents to stay. They don’t need to leave.

When they’re older, they can move out properly good job degree boyfriend/girlfriend , OP doesn’t even have money ,

What an incredible solution! All they had to do was beg the parents to stay! You've just solved all of the UK's family and broken home problems!

(What's with this boy/girlfriend obsession? WTF?...)
Original post by Anonymous
WTF, do you personally know them or something? this sounds like something a toxic parent would say......

OP you are STRONG. and obviously clever since you go to Warwick. It might feel like rock bottom but it's not. The only way you can go now is UP. Get good grades and make an amazing life for yourself. I know it's hard and feels really kind of surreal and awkward right now because it might feel like you're 'betraying' your family, but you're not. Stay safe out there. Sending you virtual hugs and positive vibes. I really feel for you. Just know you are not alone. Please do update us! We are here for you.

No , OP is putting themselves in dangerous situation , Hostels are dangerous ,
Meanwhile, in another thread...:

My parents are rude as f!ck. Always swear and curse at me for not cleaning/cooking. My mum wants me to do everything so she can relax. My mum also gives me NO money and tells me to get a job. I have no car so I can't. She even threatened to kick me out. My dad is even worse, an alcoholic. Always shouting and screaming. My mum stays with him because he was her childhood boyfriend and she's used to him. I want to leave home for uni but can't due to no money so I'll have to stay at home.

My brothers and sisters, are annoying as hell too
Original post by ozzyoscy
Sorry but you just don't know this and you're in no position to make that jump.

As others have pointed out, if you read the situation rather than blurted out empty unhelpful platitudes, you'd know they didn't run away.

Again, WTF is this unhelpful gibberish? They were kicked out, how can they stay with parents? "Get a good partner"? WTF? "Now is not good"? S/he didn't choose when to get kicked out.

EDIT: OMG I'm skimming this thread and...

Someone just ban this girl from this thread or have a word about the responsibility in posting this stuff. I know these are the risks of asking a forum full of kids for help but come on.

I told them to sleep in a park because I thought police , council , hotel were closed because of coronavirus. Also I thought Op had no parents, deleted that TSR post
Reply 71
Original post by 999tigger
Ok have read through the whole thread and people have been helpful as well as anon 5 being kind.
You are doing the correct thing.
You could maybe ask at a tube station if you cna get a ticket as you dont have the money and give them name and address to get back or see if you can cadge a lift from the police.

The council are the right peple.
1. You need your stuff.
2. You can use the council to help uuyou see if you cna return to uni or maybe that and give you a week till your loan comes in.
3. Work out a plan alonmg the lines I stated. The council will be keen to offload you. I would choose uni if possible as hostels arent great but hopefully the council will be chilled.

Sure other people will keep you company, hang in there and gL.

Dont forget train services will be much reduced.

If I stay at my accommodation for now.

What should I do during summer when the accommodation closes?
I doubt I’m high on the councils list for housing.

What could I do?

OP just needs a few days until he goes back to Warwick where they will be safe. Hostels are not dangerous? Why are you scaremongering? Plus, they will probably be mostly empty due to the virus now.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Meanwhile, in another thread...:

LMAO, okay probably a troll account
OP just needs a few days until he goes back to Warwick where they will be safe. Hostels are not dangerous? Why are you scaremongering? Plus, they will probably be mostly empty due to the virus now.

LMAO, okay probably a troll account

There's rarely such a thing. It's just a kid who's discovered forums and just answering everything with no knowledge of it. We all like to think we know everything, but especially a kid on the internet.
If I stay at my accommodation for now.

What should I do during summer when the accommodation closes?
I doubt I’m high on the councils list for housing.

What could I do?

You can stay at university over the summer? You could either pay with student load (if you have enough) or work somewhere over the summer (e.g. supermarket, boots etc) and pay rent and stay at uni. Uni rent is usually cheaper than normal and London is expensive.
Reply 76

Thank you so much.
I’m on my way to the place the council said I can stay now.

I’m kind of scared. I can’t imagine this place will be very nice. But I’m trying to be optimistic. All in need is a room and a bed and to feel safe.
They can beg their parents to stay. They don’t need to leave.

When they’re older, they can move out properly good job degree boyfriend/girlfriend , OP doesn’t even have money ,

They have been kicked out. Not all families are nice and supportive of their children. Some are unfortunately very toxic.

OP, I am really glad you have been given somewhere safe to stay for the night. A mate of mine was in a similar position to you a few years back and uni sorted out accommodation for him (both during term time and I think during the summer as well), even though my uni only provides accommodation to 1st years and this was in 3rd year. I am sure you will not been the first person at your uni to be in this situation and hopefully, they will be able to give you advice about what to do. In the meantime, if it is at all possible, I would suggest looking for a job (I know this is harder now because of covid, but there are still places desperate for workers) and trying to save up as much as possible just in case you have to find somewhere to stay during the summer. Best of luck to you and stay safe.
Reply 78

I told them to sleep in a park because I thought police , council , hotel were closed because of coronavirus. Also I thought Op had no parents, deleted that TSR post

sorry, but sleeping in a park is FAR more dangerous than a hostel.

I doubt you've even been to a hostel

He could die in the park [if this was winter], he could be set alight by thugs, or just kicked to death for a laugh [it happens to homeless people], he could be bitten by rabies carrying foxes

I’m kind of scared. I can’t imagine this place will be very nice. But I’m trying to be optimistic. All in need is a room and a bed and to feel safe.
Have you sorted your accommodation for next year yet? Many places do a full

Thank you so much.

Tell us when you get there safely!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending