The Student Room Group

A Level Results 2020

Hey, just thought I’d create a thread for people to post what grades they like and what grades they think they’ll get this year, and a general chat to help and support one another!

Grades I would like:
Geography- A
English Language- A
Performing Arts- D*
Level 3 Mathematical Studies- A

Grades I will most likely get:
Geography- B/C
English Language- B
Performing Arts- D*
Level 3 Mathematical Studies- B

Scroll to see replies

Grades I would like
Psychology - A
English literature B
Philosophy and ethics -B

Grades most likely to get
Psychology - B
English lit - C
Philosophy and ethics - B
How did everyone do in mocks and do you think they’ll be important?
Original post by CemXx732
Hey, just thought I’d create a thread for people to post what grades they like and what grades they think they’ll get this year, and a general chat to help and support one another!

Grades I would like:
Geography- A
English Language- A
Performing Arts- D*
Level 3 Mathematical Studies- A

Geography- B/C
English Language- B
Performing Arts- D*
Level 3 Mathematical Studies- B

This is such a horrible situation for us year 13, like who puts their whole effort in mock exams we all leave it for the real main thing
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous36617
This is such a horrible situation for us year 13, like who puts their whole effort in mock exams we all leave it for the real main thing

I know, it’s hideous. I’m glad that I didn’t do too badly in my mocks, but know I could have done better. I’m glad that they are using previous class work too though as I believe that sometimes exam conditions don’t let us shine and show our true talents
Reply 5
Original post by m17br

Failed one of mine so I hope not😂
Reply 6
Original post by m17br

I think mocks will probably be important, but it depends if every college or sixth form actually did them. I did mine in December and got all Bs thankfully. But I do think that they should definitely take other things into account equally such as progress since mocks.
I did horrible in my mocks got DDD and my predicted for UCAS is BBC , I asked my teacher and he said that they won’t look just at mock grades so don’t worry, they are going to look at everything
I got like BBD I think in my mocks and high effort levels. What do you think I’ll get?
Reply 9
Original post by m17br
I got like BBD I think in my mocks and high effort levels. What do you think I’ll get?

I think you would most likely get BBC, possibly even As. Think positively 😊
Original post by CemXx732
I think you would most likely get BBC, possibly even As. Think positively 😊

That would be alright. Do you think mocks will be the most important variable?
Reply 11
Original post by m17br
That would be alright. Do you think mocks will be the most important variable?

I think they mostly might be as it’s a reflection of exam conditions, but other class test will probably be important
Grades I'd like
Physics - A
Biology - A
Chemistry - A

Grades I think I will get -
Physics - B
Biology - B
Chemistry- B

will update on results day with what I got lmao, I think teachers predicted will be ABB but they'll be brought back down to BBB by the exam board
(edited 4 years ago)
Grades I would like
Further maths - A*
Chemistry - A*

Grades most likely to get
Further Maths - A
Chemistry - A/B

I have an A* in maths from last year, but I did loads of work before the exam for my other subjects, and I thought I could get away with that again.
(edited 4 years ago)
I'm an international student doing Edexcel IAL. I already did my AS last year and even though i did well in my mocks this year for IA2 my school said that im most likely going to get what i got in my AS grade since that is what happens 90% of the time.

I'm doing Accounting, Mathematics and Further Mathematics and got
Accounting - B (238/300 UMS)
Mathematics - A (267/300 UMS)
Further Mathematics - B (227/300 UMS)

so my results are most likely to be ABB which im really mad about because i worked my ass off this year so i can try to get AAA but i guess it was all to waste ://
Original post by Anonymous36617

same, I literally left out questions in the mock exam because I couldn't be bothered. Always done way better in the real exam
Original post by Alicia_Jo
same, I literally left out questions in the mock exam because I couldn't be bothered. Always done way better in the real exam

This situation we are in is actually sad on an academic microcosm in comparison to the whole Corona virus pandemic but I feel like something else should have been done for us, this is not fair at all!!
Reply 17
Grades I would like:

Religious Studies - A
Law - B
Sociology - C

Religious Studies - B
Law - C
Sociology - C/D (depends on how standardisation goes rlly)

I took mocks quite seriously as i was low-key freaking out about doing the real exams but I never really grasped the exam structure in sociology so while I knew a fair bit about it, one of my teachers would always give me Ds and Cs in mocks and assessments as I wasn’t “answering the question”. I would always get Cs from my other teacher who focuses on family and media so I don’t know how they’ll average out.

I was quite consistently getting Cs in law and before exams were cancelled, he said I was on track to getting a High C/Low B in the real exams.

Religious studies was my favourite subject and our teachers were top notch. I was getting Bs and As in the ethics side of the course and started reaching those grades in philosophy at the end of year 12. In my last set of mocks, I was really close to getting an A on all except the New Testament paper and in our last ethics essay, I got an A so I’m hoping to get an A overall.
Reply 18
Also, I just found out my sixth form isn’t letting us go into school on results day. Instead, they’ll be emailing them over to us between 8am and 9am. I’m quite gutted tbh.
Original post by NE1
Also, I just found out my sixth form isn’t letting us go into school on results day. Instead, they’ll be emailing them over to us between 8am and 9am. I’m quite gutted tbh.

Exactly the same with us and honestly hope it all works out. Autumn exams start 5th October which is less than 2 months to bang out :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest