The Student Room Group

What are your top 3 university cities in the UK?

Not for university purposes or university ranking related but if you had to live at one of the UK university cities for work which top 3 would you choose? Why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mine are Edinburgh, Oxford and Cambridge. I like the old feeling of their architecture.

Also Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow. Because I’m a Gemini so I have two personalities lol.
Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield
London, Belfast and Nottingham.
Reply 4
Original post by bones-mccoy
Bristol, Birmingham, Sheffield

It’s so interesting that people who choose Birmingham often also choose Sheffield alongside of it
Reply 5
Original post by londonmyst
London, Belfast and Nottingham.

Interesting choices. London and Belfast are cool. I’ve never been to Nottingham!
Nottingham, Birmingham, Leeds
Based off my own preferences: Durham, York, Exeter
Reply 8
Original post by Academicbee123
Based off my own preferences: Durham, York, Exeter

I went to Durham, had the time of my life. It's beautiful.
Original post by Anonymous
I went to Durham, had the time of my life. It's beautiful.

It is! I can’t wait to start uni there this year :smile:
Original post by Academicbee123
It is! I can’t wait to start uni there this year :smile:

Congrats!! It's amazing, I'm sure you'll have the time of your life.
Are you joking about the bradford part
depends how much money you have. If you have loads of money: Edinburgh, London plus Newcastle (cheap but still up there).

If on a lowish budget: Newcastle, Cardiff, Nottingham. Not been to Dundee but heard some good things. Should also look at Aberystwyth if being more remote suits.
1) London
2) London
3) London
I loved Bath.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned.

Spoiler

Newcastle, Sheffield and Birmingham
Original post by ajj2000
depends how much money you have. If you have loads of money: Edinburgh, London plus Newcastle (cheap but still up there).

If on a lowish budget: Newcastle, Cardiff, Nottingham. Not been to Dundee but heard some good things. Should also look at Aberystwyth if being more remote suits.

So much Wales in there. I can never imagine myself moving there or the Fenlands in eastern England or literally anywhere in the Midlands or that whole strip containing Cornwall, Exeter, etc.
Congrats!! It's amazing, I'm sure you'll have the time of your life.

Awh thank you :smile:
So much Wales in there. I can never imagine myself moving there or the Fenlands in eastern England or literally anywhere in the Midlands or that whole strip containing Cornwall, Exeter, etc.

I only mentioned two places in Wales....
Reply 19
Not for university purposes or university ranking related but if you had to live at one of the UK university cities for work which top 3 would you choose? Why?

London, Cambridge, Oxford, because they are were the best and most prestigious universities are. There are however a huge amount of highly prestigious university cities in the UK. Edinburgh, York, Nottingham, Durham, Birmingham, Exeter and Bristol are other names that come to mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending