The Student Room Group

Year 12 mocks

Given the situation, I’m not sure about what’s going to happen with year 12 mocks. They’re meant to be in a month and even though it’s not as important as actual a level exams ,I’m stressing out. I don’t feel prepared and these 2 week holidays weren’t as productive as they should’ve been. I’m just scared and it hasn’t been made clear as to what will happen with them.
In most cases i think the mocks will be cancelled or postponed. ours were cancelled before the schools shut but i dont know what that will mean for our predicted grades. but i highly doubt schools will be back on in a month.

Original post by Blue_skies124
Given the situation, I’m not sure about what’s going to happen with year 12 mocks. They’re meant to be in a month and even though it’s not as important as actual a level exams ,I’m stressing out. I don’t feel prepared and these 2 week holidays weren’t as productive as they should’ve been. I’m just scared and it hasn’t been made clear as to what will happen with them.
Don’t worry, we’re all in the same boat and I promise you’re not the only one stressing/struggling. I’m in year 12 too, but my best advice to you would be to focus on completing any class work and homework set once your school term begins (I’m not sure if it’s the same for you, but I still have another week of Easter to go), then if you can, try to factor in 2 hours of revision each day and maybe 3 hours at the weekend, but please don’t push yourself and only revise if you’re in the right mindset. It’s been almost a month since school closed and I’ve been trying to do 7 hours of work each day, but some days, like today haha, I get way too overwhelmed and have to stop for a while, so please take breaks and do things for YOU. Good luck and try not to stress too much about mocks because they’re not the be all and end all, plus we still have plenty of time to go before we get our final grades:smile:
I’m not entirely sure what my school will decide they haven’t been very responsive about it. I’m scared because if teachers decide to give predicted grades, it will be biased between those they’ve known since year 7 and those that only enrolled from year 12. I feel like my teachers don’t know me well enough to predict me grades and we barely did any proper examinations before this. Aw thank you. My mindset has been terrible. I just couldn’t do any work and all I keep doing is stressing about what’s going on when I should be trying to control my stress. Today’s the last day of the 2 week holidays and I’ve barely done any work :/
I’m not entirely sure what my school will decide they haven’t been very responsive about it. I’m scared because if teachers decide to give predicted grades, it will be biased between those they’ve known since year 7 and those that only enrolled from year 12. I feel like my teachers don’t know me well enough to predict me grades and we barely did any proper examinations before this. Aw thank you. My mindset has been terrible. I just couldn’t do any work and all I keep doing is stressing about what’s going on when I should be trying to control my stress. Today’s the last day of the 2 week holidays and I’ve barely done any work :/

im sure itll be okay, they wont want to give away bad predicted grades because itll make them as a school look bad, theyll probably just base it off of any in class assessments and how well youve been working in class, homework results etc and honestly same ive got so much work to finish for tomorrow its insane :frown:

these are unusual circumstances, it's perfectly rational to feel worried:yes: many students are in the same position as you- it's unlikely you'll be sitting mocks remotely but instead just doing them when school reopens.
it's the holidays, you don't have to do tons of work over them! just try to maintain good study habits and a routine to give yourself the upper hand when you do eventually sit those mock exams.
have you talked to anyone about your stress??
always here if you want to talk :yes:
The schools decided for them to happen :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending