The Student Room Group

How to lose weight quickly

Hi,
I’m trying to lose at least 3kg but I just don’t know how like I don’t even eat unhealthy and I exercise as much as I can. So, please could people give me some tips/advice.
Much appreciated! 🙂

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I’m trying to lose at least 3kg but I just don’t know how like I don’t even eat unhealthy and I exercise as much as I can. So, please could people give me some tips/advice.
Much appreciated! 🙂

Calories out need to be greater than calories in. Why do you need to lose 3kg? It's easy to lose weight quickly. Keeping it off is a different matter.
Reply 2
Original post by Gluecagone
Calories out need to be greater than calories in. Why do you need to lose 3kg? It's easy to lose weight quickly. Keeping it off is a different matter.

How do you keep it off 😂
There’s no specific reason why it’s 3kg that’s just my aim
How do you keep it off 😂
There’s no specific reason why it’s 3kg that’s just my aim

By changing your lifestyle. Yo-yo dieting causes weight loss and subsequent weight gain because people lose the weight by whatever means, and then go back to what they were doing before and put it all back on.
Reply 4
By changing your lifestyle. Yo-yo dieting causes weight loss and subsequent weight gain because people lose the weight by whatever means, and then go back to what they were doing before and put it all back on.

By doing what specifically :smile:
You could drink water before eating food so you don't overeat.
By doing what specifically :smile:

Well it depends on why you want to use weight and how much you currently weigh.
Reply 7
Well it depends on why you want to use weight and how much you currently weigh.

Weight:58kg
Height: nearly 5,5”
Reason: want to get a flat stomach
Reply 8
Hi,
Much appreciated! 🙂

The keto diet is worth looking at.

Right...so why 3kg and what kind of exercises are you doing.
Right...so why 3kg and what kind of exercises are you doing.

Cos like 55 kg is a good weight IMO. currently, I’m doing different types of exercises don’t know the names of them specifically. But like running, planks, burpees etc..
Cos like 55 kg is a good weight IMO. currently, I’m doing different types of exercises don’t know the names of them specifically. But like running, planks, burpees etc..

58kg is a good weight for your height (I'm presuming you're female) too. Also, you can't spot weight loss.
58kg is a good weight for your height (I'm presuming you're female) too. Also, you can't spot weight loss.

Is it?:smile:
Hi,
Much appreciated! 🙂

Hi! if you really do exercise and eat healthy, non-greasy, low carb food, then the timing should be checked! in every three hour eat sthg like>
7h breakfast
10h stgh small e.g. yoghurt&rice slice
13h lunch
16h fruits
19h dinner
Is it?:smile:

Yes...Saying '55kg is a good weight' means absolutely nothing if you don't take into account height, age and sex.

Might i just say you are perfect the way you are that is a great and healthy weight, who gives a bleep about flat stomach during puberty your weight is always going to go up and down. Having a flat stomach DOES NOT make you happier in life, try and stay healthy and happy mentally. I would advise you to check your BMI first to see if it’s healthy to lose that much. Just be happy with your body.
It's great that you don't eat unhealthily, but ultimately what will make you lose weight is eating at a calorie deficit, which means that more calories are being burned than consumed. Use this calculator to find an estimate of what that means for you. Personally, I lost weight by decreasing my portions and doing simple bodyweight exercises.

It's okay to want to lose weight, but ultimately you need to love your body as it is. As somebody pointed out, you may not lose it where you want so it's best to make peace with yourself how you are.
Original post by LuckyScott85
Hi! if you really do exercise and eat healthy, non-greasy, low carb food, then the timing should be checked! in every three hour eat sthg like>
7h breakfast
10h stgh small e.g. yoghurt&rice slice
13h lunch
16h fruits
19h dinner

Thank you! :smile:
Might i just say you are perfect the way you are that is a great and healthy weight, who gives a bleep about flat stomach during puberty your weight is always going to go up and down. Having a flat stomach DOES NOT make you happier in life, try and stay healthy and happy mentally. I would advise you to check your BMI first to see if it’s healthy to lose that much. Just be happy with your body.

Thanks for this😊😊
Original post by 07dasein
It's great that you don't eat unhealthily, but ultimately what will make you lose weight is eating at a calorie deficit, which means that more calories are being burned than consumed. Use this calculator to find an estimate of what that means for you. Personally, I lost weight by decreasing my portions and doing simple bodyweight exercises.

It's okay to want to lose weight, but ultimately you need to love your body as it is. As somebody pointed out, you may not lose it where you want so it's best to make peace with yourself how you are.

Thanks for this 😀😀😀

Quick Reply

Latest