The Student Room Group

First Car

well i was looking at my dream car (1991 na miata) and a lot of people recommend it as a first car because of its price and im a bit of a grease monkey with a level 1 qual in motor engineering. what first car is everyone thinking of, or have had? i might have to rethink my idea after seeing them though 😂
For my first car I have a Volkswagon Polo. It's a 1.2 litre engine, 5 door car. Absolutely brilliant car for me, because it's small but gets me where I need to be. Also, it isn't a very powerful car so my insurance isn't ridiculously high, so money wise it is brilliant too. I love my car so much, I literally named it Tony hahaha!
You're dream car looks nice, but I would be sure to not get one with too much power or one that's too new, because the insurance will be absolutely mad. I assume you're new to driving if you're talking about your first car?

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by NancarrowSunset
For my first car I have a Volkswagon Polo. It's a 1.2 litre engine, 5 door car. Absolutely brilliant car for me, because it's small but gets me where I need to be. Also, it isn't a very powerful car so my insurance isn't ridiculously high, so money wise it is brilliant too. I love my car so much, I literally named it Tony hahaha!
You're dream car looks nice, but I would be sure to not get one with too much power or one that's too new, because the insurance will be absolutely mad. I assume you're new to driving if you're talking about your first car?

Hope this helps :smile:

great advice thanks! the car does not have much power and is mocked for being slow 😂the insurance isn't too much, not the cheapest but im willing to pay it for the dream of owning that car. of which i shall name felix hahahaha
I have owned 2 MX5s in the past - great cars but I am not sure they make a good 'first car'. They are a lot of fun, quite nippy as they are so light and so you could get yourself in quite a pickle if you weren't that experienced a driver.
Original post by noelwills04
i might have to rethink my idea after seeing them though 😂

What's putting you off them?
Reply 5
Original post by RogerOxon
What's putting you off them?

no no, this is my dream car. An NA miata is an absolute dream and ever since i got a ride in one, i'm willing to do anything to own one. But by hearing about other peoples first car, i might see that they aren't a good first car but a second car.
Original post by noelwills04
no no, this is my dream car. An NA miata is an absolute dream and ever since i got a ride in one, i'm willing to do anything to own one. But by hearing about other peoples first car, i might see that they aren't a good first car but a second car.

I see, and agree. Get some experience in something slow, more practical, and less fun, first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending