The Student Room Group

Can I write 6500 in two weeks?

that’s what I have left of my dissertation. I more a less know what I’m going to be writing about and I have all day and everyday with no distractions because of lockdown. I do wish I had started it sooner. I’m not aiming for a first, just a 2:1 and I’ll be over the moon. Is this possible??!?

Scroll to see replies

I too would like to know the answer 💀
If you put your mind to it you could get that done in a day maybe two
Yes, very possible. Maybe you can reach out for help.
Reply 4
There was someone on here who wrote their entire thing in 3 days and got a 2:2 in it. You can bloody do it
I managed 2 2000 word essays over a week so not much difference. I would actually spend one day writing the gist of the whole thing. Short key words and headings. Then flesh it out. But least then you know the thing is mostly done bar tidying and adding more detail.
Biggggggg difference between a standard report and dissertation or final year project, two very different beasts.

The latter, the whole aim is to prove you have become an expert in the field, the former it is expected a beginner/intermediate display of knowledge.

The biggest time consuming factor is the literature and background research, if you have that bit done then you can still achieve a really good mark, if not then it's going to be a struggle.
I'm sure you write more words on social media in the same span it'd take to write that many words for what's essentially a homework assignment. If it's something you're passionate about, it should be easy.

Honestly, when I was at university, I wrote easily (well not easily) 15 pages typically for papers meant to be 2-10 pages...admittedly, I came home from the campus library daily like 4am to finish these papers, and with how I did on my modules, if I had left then and there I'd have a first. Unfortunately I dropped out with modules worth maybe a 2:1. If I stayed long enough to write a dissertation, I don't think I would struggle. Three really is a process I learned:

First, write the thesis. The topic. The statement. The question. The hypothesis. The goal. The study. The comparison. The observation. The opinion you're trying to prove. Whatever.

Then answer it in bullets. I love an outline, me. Each bullet is a subtopic. Each answer is a cited source and a few paragraphs. Segue your subtopics and put it all together at the end. It's not easy. But it's simpler with a subtopic. It gets fun once you answer the bullets and outline the subtopics.
Original post by Sinnoh
There was someone on here who wrote their entire thing in 3 days and got a 2:2 in it. You can bloody do it

I mean a 2:2 really isn't something to be incredibly proud of... :biggrin:

Never get these students who cram all their dissertation into increasingly smaller number of days/hours.

I started writing my undergrad diss in January for an April hand-in and got a high 1st.

I've started writing my postgrad diss last week for an August hand-in.

Why risk your entire degree on the literal final hurdle.
Its possible but it just means you have to focus hard if you know what you're doing. I used to finish 2000/2500 words assignments in 1 day when I put my mind to it.
Original post by Anonymous
that’s what I have left of my dissertation. I more a less know what I’m going to be writing about and I have all day and everyday with no distractions because of lockdown. I do wish I had started it sooner. I’m not aiming for a first, just a 2:1 and I’ll be over the moon. Is this possible??!?

He/She who aims for a 2:1 always ends up vith a 2:2, He/She who aims for excellence gets a worthy mark.
He/She who aims for a 2:1 always ends up vith a 2:2, He/She who aims for excellence gets a worthy mark.A

Always aim for a first

YES YOU CANNN!
Put your head down focus keep yourself motivated smash it out! You got this, good luck xx
YES you can, break it down a do a bit each day - good luck :-)
Reply 14
Easily.

I wrote my entire diss at both BA and MA in fewer than 14 days.

I wrote 20,000 in three days. 928 words in a day is a walk in the park, would only have to write 2 words a minute if you worked seven hours per day.
Reply 16
100% possible. I wrote up my dissertation in a similar time and got a first for it. Start planning and writing now, set your work out into sections and aim to finish how ever many sections per day! Believe in yourself and don't panic :smile: stay focused and you'll smash it, in my experience it never not gets done, even if it takes all-nighters and tears in the last week, you'll still manage!
(edited 3 years ago)

you can definitely do it! one semester i fully researched, referenced and wrote three essays adding up to 6,000 in two days - started thursday 10:30am, handed in friday 3pm - and i got a 58, a 65 and a 78! two weeks is good you can do it!
So did you manage to do it ?
Reply 19
I done my entire a level computer science coursework in a day and a half 💀💀. Anything is possible!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending